Hello from new member and a question please.

Members online

Willster

Hi, I'm doing a self-build, and am doing all the work i can to keep the costs down. I'm not going to attempt skimming though, as it's just too much of an art for me to master. I am doing some of the boarding though. What I would like to know though, is how many square metres of skimming (on board) would I expect a good plasterer to do? All nice square rooms with nothing tricky. Could someone give me an idea please?
Many thanks

Will

Just agree a decent meterage rate if it’s straightforward decent sized rooms.No point in a good plasterer smashing out big areas for an average day rate with someone watching them all day.Hope it’s not boarded too long before it’s skimmed as this may cost more.

As above pal get a price for the complete job or break it down into upstairs/downstairs or even room to room, if you rush someone your not getting their best work

Hi, I'm doing a self-build, and am doing all the work i can to keep the costs down. I'm not going to attempt skimming though, as it's just too much of an art for me to master. I am doing some of the boarding though. What I would like to know though, is how many square metres of skimming (on board) would I expect a good plasterer to do? All nice square rooms with nothing tricky. Could someone give me an idea please?
Many thanks

Will
Mate... just get some recommendations of local spreads, get 2/3 quotes and take it from there! Or say where you are and get a regular from here to quote? all the best!

Many thanks

Will

hahaha welcome along :D

this is quite a tricky one... @algeeman will get like a house on in one set where most plasterers will do about a room a day... and everything in between

Jamesthefirst, Stevieo and Danny..... thank you. You've answered the question! (as near as possible anyway!) I wasn't asking price at all..... I was genuinely wanting to have some idea how many square metres (roughly) a plasterer would do (on board) Thank you.

Will :)