Hello from Ibiza, Spain

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBruvOfEnglandUK

Private Member
I probably should have posted in here first?

Brit ex-pat in Spain. I just found this forum this evening. Lots of interesting posts here.

Feck! So there is! Three feckin stars wots that all about???:RpS_unsure: I always thought stars got awarded by the mods and Danny to the arsholes on the forum??? So my suspicions have been confirmed, its my turn now, :RpS_blushing:the mods have decided:RpS_lol:

think he's making up his own european language............german/french..........:RpS_unsure:
A mate of mine was about to start a lorry driving job doing deliveries between the UK and Italy (For Norbert Wossname). He didn't speak any languages apart from English. His wife asked how he would cope without knowing any other languages and his dear old mum in all seriousness said "Oh most of them speak English. All you have to say is sprechen sie Anglais?" We were in hysterics but she couldn't see what was so funny.

A mate of mine was about to start a lorry driving job doing deliveries between the UK and Italy (For Norbert Wossname). He didn't speak any languages apart from English. His wife asked how he would cope without knowing any other languages and his dear old mum in all seriousness said "Oh most of them speak English. All you have to say is sprechen sie Anglais?" We were in hysterics but she couldn't see what was so funny.

Was this the job mate? :huh:

>> Lorry deliveries job between Uk & Italy

Last edited:
The local sand here is quite soft but has to be sieved. I sometimes buy it loose, at the quarry but they don't have sharp sand there. Soft is also available at the builders merchants. One of the bagged morteros here is sharp so everyone uses that.

Last edited:
The local sand here is quite soft but has to be sieved. I sometimes buy it loose, at the quarry but they don't have sharp sand there. Soft is also available at the builders merchants. One of the bagged morteros here is sharp so everyone uses that.

Must be different for different areas, the Sand we used to get was

1) brown ( kinda mixture of sharp sand n dirt) lol

2) white lorca ( no dirt ) , no soft sand there at all

The local sand makes a really nice looking render when used with white cement. I don't know what it is like on the mainland but unpainted sand and white cement render is very popular finish here.

Before I left in England I had been working as a bricklayer full time for 5 years. The subby I was working for had about 60 on the trowel. The last time I spoke to his wife she said they were down to 5! How is it where you are?
Awfull mate ive been back in the UK now for 2 years and keeping busy just to many tossers in Spain with no trade back ground just blagging it for a bit of daywork money trouble is greedy beardy expats would rather go with them than a proffesssional, i was back in the summer and there was no work at all and the few that were left were begging for €40 a day good luck to them lol
Yeah theres a few blaggers here. Most of them didn't come here to do building work and it would appear that some of them have never worked in construction before they came here. They came for the clubs, bars and drugs.

One of my neighbours told me that I was too expensive and that they were using another Brit instead of me. The neighbour phoned me up the other week about a job the other builder had done for them that had gone wrong. I ended up having to put it right but really didn't want or need the job. The neighbour told me again that I was too expensive. I told him "You get what you pay for". He said "Yeah well I see your point". I'm not saying that I'm the best builder in the word or on the island. I'm just do my best and hope to keep my customers happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.