hello fellow plasterers

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi the name is dave. just came across the site while on google looking for other onfo and thought it looked a laugh. finished a city and guilds coarse for pastering a few months back and am fully qualified and looking for a few simple answrs for spreading if thats okay

1. i got the city and guilds 2 coarse but saw on google that there is a 3 would that allow me to teach in the future and how much will it be. thinking that it will look good to show the customers i know all different things

2. do anyone know of a coarse for krend and the other similar so that i have more strings to the bow

3. do you say i go on site or private? i have come up with a name for my company. should i go limited? i have got a old van so can get to either no problem. i am doing a website and am getting insurance so it is all legal

thanks.

why are you on here on a friday instead of in the pub:RpS_biggrin:

Welcome along Dave , we've got another Dave dog on here. Enjoy the fun bud, you'll never need the pub again :RpS_thumbsup:

How much experience do you have on jobs away from the courses? K rend course in ireland and goldtrowel do one in london. Don't go ltd till your bringing in a decent amount of money and working on large jobs.

No in the pub as im due to climb on the missis...

Hi mate welcome to the forum your first question -pass
second question - pass
Third question - work where the work is if you can get on a site then do that or if there's not many plasterers in your area go private

hope that helps

Welcome along ,find your feet first , don,t go ltd yet ,cost you a lot of money you may not be earning , one step at a time mate

hi stewart i have doen a couple of jobs for freinds and that and they went okay. and have decided to go for the public work.really want to get in to teaching it in the future which is why i want to get all the qualifications there are. and all the different products out there. hope your not on the wife yet:RpS_biggrin:

thanks i have looked at the goldtrowel for krend. i will contact them. i did my city and guilds with able but they didnt do krend. it will be more money but will make me money in the future. wish they did one nearer to me though

I'd keep doing jobs for friends/family and get as much experience as possible. You will run into loads of problems not taught at college when you jump straight into advertising to the public, best to try get some experience working alongside an experienced spread. I don't envy you in the slightest but best of luck mate, you seem to have a good attitude.

hi stewart i have doen a couple of jobs for freinds and that and they went okay. and have decided to go for the public work.really want to get in to teaching it in the future which is why i want to get all the qualifications there are. and all the different products out there. hope your not on the wife yet:RpS_biggrin:
No yet mate a few glasses of wine to widen the legs first lol

thanks mate i will be fine. i did seven weeks with able and have got the qualifications which is more than some. have phoned local spreads in the papers about working with them but they did not want to know in case i took work fromt hem likely.

my wife left me. we sold out house and i spent some of the money on this coarse to change direction :RpS_biggrin:

Where are you based Dave

if the weather picks up, you may be better getting render experience with other more local spreads to you. There are loads of guys doing all sorts of spread work - including K rend and modern thin coat render systems.

become active on here, build up some contacts and get to know some local spreads to you (and get to know some of the sponsors, they will point you towards other products, systems and techniques)... learn to walk before you run...

Oh - you'll soon find that most of the regular guys are on here all the time - regardless of time, location or drunken state..... LOL

Enjoy - have fun - don;t take the banter too seriously!

hi the name is dave. just came across the site while on google looking for other onfo and thought it looked a laugh. finished a city and guilds coarse for pastering a few months back and am fully qualified and looking for a few simple answrs for spreading if thats okay

1. i got the city and guilds 2 coarse but saw on google that there is a 3 would that allow me to teach in the future and how much will it be. thinking that it will look good to show the customers i know all different things

2. do anyone know of a coarse for krend and the other similar so that i have more strings to the bow

3. do you say i go on site or private? i have come up with a name for my company. should i go limited? i have got a old van so can get to either no problem. i am doing a website and am getting insurance so it is all legal

thanks.

why are you on here on a friday instead of in the pub:RpS_biggrin:

What's the name you've come up with :)

You don't need to be limited pal your just learning to walk....

Get into it first build a reputation.

Go on site- baptism of fire. If it don't kill you or you chuck it coz you can't make it pay then you will do alright.

thanks mate i will be fine. i did seven weeks with able and have got the qualifications which is more than some. have phoned local spreads in the papers about working with them but they did not want to know in case i took work fromt hem likely.

my wife left me. we sold out house and i spent some of the money on this coarse to change direction :RpS_biggrin:

Is that all it takes to be a plasterer in the uk 7 weeks.

the name i'm thinking of is diamond or regal plastering contractors. i did the coarse in 7 weeks over 3 months there were shorter coarses but you wouldnt be fully qualified :RpS_biggrin:

Don,t hide behind a name ,use your name ,if you think it is something to be proud of :RpS_thumbup:

dave, you dont have to like every post :RpS_thumbup: what about sapphire plastering, that's in a similar vein .. or platinum :RpS_unsure: diamond could make people think of rough diamond ...... IMHO

the name i'm thinking of is diamond or regal plastering contractors. i did the coarse in 7 weeks over 3 months there were shorter coarses but you wouldnt be fully qualified :RpS_biggrin:
If you pick a name with your area in it you will have a better chance of being found on tinternet. If I was searching I would put in plasterers runcorn. Is www.runcornplasterers. free? Or use county or catchment area, best of luck bud :RpS_thumbsup:

Hi mate welcome to the forum your first question -pass
second question - pass
Third question - work where the work is if you can get on a site then do that or if there's not many plasterers in your area go private

hope that helps

Not long to go now big fella?

.heres a name???,?
Do the dog....

.welcome:RpS_thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
No mate nail biting stuff my sets have gone down too a couple of reveals incase he pops out
Won't be long to go now :RpS_thumbsup: just bang on your normal metres, if baby comes just drop your tools and leggit. You can always pva and skim it later. Exciting, nerve wracking times. My turn in July, can't wait :RpS_thumbup:

Won't be long to go now :RpS_thumbsup: just bang on your normal metres, if baby comes just drop your tools and leggit. You can always pva and skim it later. Exciting, nerve wracking times. My turn in July, can't wait :RpS_thumbup:

I just had one two weeks ago, I was dreading it everytime my phone rang specially when I was just laying on, and I had to finish the job by Friday. Thankfully did and baby arrived Sunday, perfect timing for a week off.

the qualification does not make you a plasterer, dave. though its a good start. as has been said you do need the experience. theres a thread on here in a similar vein. as for the "some" who do not have your qualifications, there will be top notch spreads amongst them. there will also be ones who have never developed since the first day they picked up a trowel. the same with a course. you've got to want it. you've got to be perfectionist on every job. believe to achieve, dave, believe to achieve. that is the mantra that i live by. it has worked for me. i am approaching middle age and have a modest income and a fifteen year old van.

also. dont try and do all things at once. that is why i have never climbed everest or jumped out of a plane. because everything after would be an anticlimax. leave some things for tomorrow.

good luck.

why did your wife leave you .... :RpS_confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.