Hello everyone

Members online

SmithPrecision

Hey everyone,

Been lurking here and there, figured I'd come on and introduce myself. I'm the owner of a small scale, quality focused, painting business. I have been studying/practicing venetian plaster applications for a little bit now and would like to start professionally offering this as a service. I will be attending a course in Italy soon to hone my skills in VP and hope to use this forum as a source of additional knowledge.

Thank you all for having me on.

Hey everyone,

Been lurking here and there, figured I'd come on and introduce myself. I'm the owner of a small scale, quality focused, painting business. I have been studying/practicing venetian plaster applications for a little bit now and would like to start professionally offering this as a service. I will be attending a course in Italy soon to hone my skills in VP and hope to use this forum as a source of additional knowledge.

Welcome, and wish you good luck.

Hey everyone,

High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

Welcome, venetian seems to be a popular trade, not sure if demand is growing or whether its just the higher rates attracting trades to try it.
Enjoy your Italian hols - HMRC will have a problem denying that as a legit expense. They have tried to say a learning a new trade/skill is non-claimable as is not maintaining/furthering existing skills.

Welcome, venetian seems to be a popular trade, not sure if demand is growing or whether its just the higher rates attracting trades to try it.
Enjoy your Italian hols - HMRC will have a problem denying that as a legit expense. They have tried to say a learning a new trade/skill is non-claimable as is not maintaining/furthering existing skills.
So following that reasoning a new van is non claimable because it is not maintaining nor furthering existing jobs and do they not pay their staff when staff being trained etc

So following that reasoning a new van is non claimable because it is not maintaining nor furthering existing jobs and do they not pay their staff when staff being trained etc
HMRC have a specific ref somewhere to training/skills. Seems barmy to me, surely increased skill equalls more employed/better rates and therefore higher tax take for HMRC.

Hey everyone,

Good luck with it mate.Ive been doing it 10 years now and general plastering 25years.All about marketing.Got back from Italy myself a month ago testing new products and extra training etc.Your find your always learning