Members online

BJW3Run

I'd like to insulate my concrete garage and I'm not sure if I need more insulation?
Internally I plan to:
1. Paint the concrete slabs and roof with anti condensation concrete paint
2. Use DIY spray foam insulation kit on the ceiling and walls
( https://www.abbuildingproducts.co.uk/touch-n-foam-600-spray-foam-insulation-kits.html )
3. Fit plyboard
4. Fit sound resistant plasterboard

I will be fitting a vent in the garage door as I have been told that's a good thing to do to prevent moisture build up.
I will then enter the building through the door on the side of the garage (not show in pic).
Will this be enough to keep in the heat that the 2.5kw Air Con unit will provide or should I add another insulting layer?

I have read amazing helpful tips on here and I'd like some more advice on this job please.
Thank you

Attachments

• Garage.jpg
    Garage.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 164
I'd like to insulate my concrete garage and I'm not sure if I need more insulation?
Internally I plan to:
1. Paint the concrete slabs and roof with anti condensation concrete paint
2. Use DIY spray foam insulation kit on the ceiling and walls
( https://www.abbuildingproducts.co.uk/touch-n-foam-600-spray-foam-insulation-kits.html )
3. Fit plyboard
4. Fit sound resistant plasterboard

I will be fitting a vent in the garage door as I have been told that's a good thing to do to prevent moisture build up.
I will then enter the building through the door on the side of the garage (not show in pic).
Will this be enough to keep in the heat that the 2.5kw Air Con unit will provide or should I add another insulting layer?

I have read amazing helpful tips on here and I'd like some more advice on this job please.
Thank you
@Casper

Problem with that is you will lose heat through garage door alone whatever you do! Just don't bother and turn heater up! Or take door off block up use a external insulation render system otherwise you ain't gonna have room for the abducted victim to swing a cat!

Problem with that is you will lose heat through garage door alone whatever you do! Just don't bother and turn heater up! Or take door off block up use a external insulation render system otherwise you ain't gonna have room for the abducted victim to swing a cat!
There is currently ply board and polystyrene in there on the walls and it’s costing loads to heat it in the winter days. I’m after saving some energy to make it cost a bit less to heat.
I plan to insulate and board the garage door just like I will with the walls.

Converting it to a study. I just wish to ensure it will keep me warm in the day especially during winter.
Nothing dodgy like that.
I had a job recently for a couple of G** guys, was told later down the line that 1 of the guys had drilled holes in his ceiling and attached a s*x sling to it. Was also sent ( apparently by mistake) a link via WhatsApp by the customer!! Of a site where he and his partner are engaged in s*x videos, proper explicit might I add lol

I had a job recently for a couple of G** guys, was told later down the line that 1 of the guys had drilled holes in his ceiling and attached a s*x sling to it. Was also sent ( apparently by mistake) a link via WhatsApp by the customer!! Of a site where he and his partner are engaged in s*x videos, proper explicit might I add lol
Not sure how that helps me or is even relevant as people seem to be making my study out to be something else... but cool story

Not sure how that helps me or is even relevant as people seem to be making my study out to be something else... but cool story

Trust me; there are some forum members for whom that little story will prove highly inspirational.

I'm not one of them, but they're here... :rolleyes:

You could Chuck a lot of money at that and not get the results you want.

Roof aside, I’d probably put celotex down on floor and put osb/ply/MR chipboard. Batten walls, membrane, celotex and screw osb on and leave it at that.

you can often pick up celotex/pir insulation off eBay cheaply left over from other peoples jobs if you can bide your time.

@Casper