Hello everyone. Im looking for some advice with lime render

Spen36

My house is around 450 years old, timber framed. When I bought it it was concrete rendered.
I decided to remove all of this and had a professional come and wood slat it and re render in lime. I thought the house needed it..
We just had these awful winds and the 2 top layers of the lime, not the base/scratch coat on the gable end of the house has been blown off.
Any idea why this would happen? Surely this is not usual??
The rendering was done 3 years ago.
I'd appreciate any advise please??

Attachments

• 20200210_155018.jpg
    20200210_155018.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 212
i have never seen render done like this before, with no scratch to receive the next coat.
it looks as though the render has been applied in sections.
an expensive repair, give the professional who did the work a call .

So this has been re lathed and given 3 coats lime render..
Base coat shows its not scratched...

Where abouts are you.?

There's bound to be someone on here who could take a look ?

Why 3 coats!
No scratch in the scratch coat... What lime did they use, looks like is hasn't cured properly and remained too flexible and soft... What time of year was it done...
The list is endless...

Why 3 coats!
No scratch in the scratch coat... What lime did they use, looks like is hasn't cured properly and remained too flexible and soft... What time of year was it done...
The list is endless...
Totally agree I cannot see a scratch on that gable ,

My house is around 450 years old, timber framed. When I bought it it was concrete rendered.
I decided to remove all of this and had a professional come and wood slat it and re render in lime. I thought the house needed it..
We just had these awful winds and the 2 top layers of the lime, not the base/scratch coat on the gable end of the house has been blown off.
Any idea why this would happen? Surely this is not usual??
The rendering was done 3 years ago.
I'd appreciate any advise please??
I can see a scratch it’s just filled by next coat ! The issue is it’s been done poorly and wrong ! Either not stepped the coats from first to last or applied the wrong product