Hello everyone, help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodpile

Hello guys, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

I need to redo our kitchen, the ceiling is wonky as, and is split halfway by a wooden false beam carrying electric/water/gas.

It's artexed as well! The problem is , it has been overboarded over lath and plaster and the artexed, and later patched.

(Not by me) I only know this as I had to have a few floorboards up above it, and there was some historic water damage which left a small hole below making it possible for me to see all the problems with it. Main problem is, overboarding again would take it way down over the top of the original window frames (It's a Victorian house)

It sounds hollow when you tap it, and I really hope there are batons holding the boards on...

Is it possible to remove overboarding from lath and plaster that doesn't have batons inbetween?

Thanks in advance! (I'm pretty handy, so will be doing what's needed myself, except the plastering, which I will leave to the experts! Cheers.

If your meaning to leave the old artex up but get the board down on top of it you have no chance , just pull it all down if you want a proper job , you already said you cant kver board again , cant you not just skim it now as its already been over boarded ?

Status
Not open for further replies.