Hello everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin75

Hello there

i am martin and own Beyond Construction (construction training centers) up in the north east of england, have seen a post about our courses and thought that me and the trainers/assessors would join up and see if we can give any advice / support to the forum. Forum looking fantastic and its about time that there was a good forum for the trade. Hope the forum continues to grow and there are many laughs to be had between members.

martin

hello martin and welcome to the site all are friendly people here ;)

regards to the cscs card i thought it was nvq or formly recognised certificate like city & guilds.

Hello mate!

unfortunately not, at the moment you can get a "temoporary" experinced worker card, however this will only last for 1 year and then the person will have to have achieved a NVQ 2 in their trade, to get this the also have to be able to prove that they are experienced. http://www.cscs.uk.com/RunScript.asp?page=82&p=ASP\Pg82.asp#Moreblue

there are other cards which you will be able to get but the 2 cards that are applicable are Skilled (must have NVQ 2) or genreal operative (non skilled). i am not quite familiar with the website stuff yet so if you can click on the link then copy and paste into google/address bar

hope that helps folks

Welcome to the forum Martin,

The cscs card scheme is a real pain, I just hyave a labourers card and when I do my site inductions I just write that I am a labourer. I never failed to get on site this way. Although it would be nice to be fully accredited for my skill.

Danny

suppose on the positive side it prevents the cowboys from taking genuine tradesmens work away, that is after evyeryone gets theirs up to date, like 2030 or something!!!!!!!! n by god theres a few about. having said that doing the nvq through the OSAT route can be very easy indeed if you are experinced cos a good assesor can tell within 5 mins if someone is at the standards required for the qualification.

thanks for the welcome mate & good site

so if going through the osat route you find an assessor to come out and have a look at your work. if he is then happy with your work he can sign you off for a nvq

pretty much! its not quite as simple as that but every job that you do you would take photos of and write up a little description of what you have done for the job, this then builds up your evidence and add to that the assessors visit reports where he would give feedback and ask you questions about the job and you have got your NVQ + CSCS (you have to take a health and safety test for this though)

Just came across this forum while looking about.
I done the plastering course at Beyond Construction in March 2006. After about 10 month doing "odd jobs for family ;)", i have now went legite and set up on my own.
I never in a million years thought i would learn so much in 2 weekends but due to the experience of the trainer, Colin Camiss it all seemed a doddle.

I now have work coimg out of my ears even though i still have a day job and only do this at weekends!
I want to follow this career path full time and hopefully i wll be very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.