hello all

Members online

what is it you want to know?
I am looking for advice on what I should use to to stop staining coming through from the stones of a old house I am lime washing. the rest of the house has came up perfect apart from the one wall where marks seem to reappear after painting the lime on . I am using Saint Astier NHL 5 . My father was a bricklayer/plasterer however he's 87 and if I ask his advice he will want to climb up the ladder and do the job himself .I live on a small Scottish island where there is no plasterers that can do this job and this is why I thought there would be someone on here that has worked with lime and would be able to advice me on what product I need to block the stain out ......by the way the stain looks like the elephant man and he needs to just get to F*@k

I am looking for advice on what I should use to to stop staining coming through from the stones of a old house I am lime washing. the rest of the house has came up perfect apart from the one wall where marks seem to reappear after painting the lime on . I am using Saint Astier NHL 5 . My father was a bricklayer/plasterer however he's 87 and if I ask his advice he will want to climb up the ladder and do the job himself .I live on a small Scottish island where there is no plasterers that can do this job and this is why I thought there would be someone on here that has worked with lime and would be able to advice me on what product I need to block the stain out ......by the way the stain looks like the elephant man and he needs to just get to F*@k
try ZINNSER products they will have the answer

I want a freind x
GIF by MOODMAN

Ghostly image of the last resident maybe? Try Ghostbusters or the new spray-on Exorcism.
Or offer a free holiday to a remote Scottish island to someone of here.

Ghostly image of the last resident maybe? Try Ghostbusters or the new spray-on Exorcism.
Or offer a free holiday to a remote Scottish island to someone of here.
Spray on exorcism is is exactly what is needed...I am sure I will find the right product to apply before the final lime wash .....sorry no free holidays

Spray on exorcism is is exactly what is needed...I am sure I will find the right product to apply before the final lime wash .....sorry no free holidays

Zinsser do good stain blockers as Hibo mentioned, but I suppose they will seal it and counteract the whole idea of keeping it breathable.

The answer is I dunno.

Zinsser do good stain blockers as Hibo mentioned, but I suppose they will seal it and counteract the whole idea of keeping it breathable.

The answer is I dunno.
yes this is the dilemma I face ....looking at the stain over the weekend I think it originates from the chimney smoke from the peat fire has permeated through the old stone work these old houses are built using stone from the hill and lime mortar to keep them breathable so as you say stain blocker may not be the way to go ....