Hello all

Members online

harryj490

looking for some tips and advice what you do or any special spats you use? Looking to do bigger hits any hints or tips you guys on here can help me with thanks all .

I'm using 14 inch marshaltown , plaziflex and nela super flex , but I have seen over spreads throw a lot on maybe it's just me but there putting lot more on without a sweat,

That's what I use my mate uses 1.2m speed skim on the pole for flattening and 600 for polishing he swears bye them you domestic or site work

Domestic , my old mans a bricklayer so looking to do work for his now as got bit more time for myself , but looking to put on big celling and even walls together , okay and once he lays it on he just trowels up with them?

They are faster than you harry and that's not a argument starter mate....I'm newish and work with @Vincey nown and again and watch him stroll through sets that would be hard work for me.....there's no magic tool just repetition and a lot of years slowley making you more efficient.....usain bolt wasn't his fastest at 18....years and years made him more efficient...I find speedakim helps but doesn't make me faster just makes it easier

Yeah exactly what I thought Lodan I'm started when I left school at 16 with a plasterer and now have just turned 21 and things have become easier and easier but these old boys have got years on me as u said years of doing it can't beat am some of them are right porky f**k**s don't drop a

Lodan can't you help me? I'm not use to using a twitcher as I have been taught to try to work to hard angles but if I can't I just trowel up went angles but f**k**g about so went out other week brought twitcher but it's dragging how much do I need to take of also when to use the f**k*r how many times if u use one may help?

Yeah exactly what I thought Lodan I'm started when I left school at 16 with a plasterer and now have just turned 21 and things have become easier and easier but these old boys have got years on me as u said years of doing it can't beat am some of them are right porky f**k**s don't drop a
That's it mate, experience will trump any tool...but speedskim saves your elbiw

Lodan can't you help me? I'm not use to using a twitcher as I have been taught to try to work to hard angles but if I can't I just trowel up went angles but f**k**g about so went out other week brought twitcher but it's dragging how much do I need to take of also when to use the f**k*r how many times if u use one may help?
Use it once when wet to get your basic angle then once later on...if drags give it a bit if water....I don't use one to be honest

Sounds like your using the twitch too early, I lay on and flatten with Trowell and get any wet corners best I can then use twitch on my last wipe/polishing trowel. To be honest I don't use it that often I can get them pretty good with trowel alone

hi mate,just been reading through posts and loans right as in time experience will come.what size sets do you put on average?i know it depends on job but roughly?

hi mate,just been reading through posts and loans right as in time experience will come.what size sets do you put on average?i know it depends on job but roughly?
Celing and 1 wall in morning other 3 in afternoon

That's with a labourer unless it's a massive celing il do that in morning then 2/3 walls in an afternoon, depends on job some days might do 2 walls then prep for next day it's different every job. Sheeting up pvaing boarding whatever all takes time, leave the lad cleaning out at the of day and just leave me with a bucket of clean water and my finishing trowell