hello all !

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

stitch

Just wanted to say hello and maybe get a bit of advice regards my plastering career. Done level 1&2 at college over a 2 year fulltime diploma, got some experience but hitting a brick wall with regards to completing an nvq2 with an employer. Any pointers would be great, thanks.

Just wanted to say hello and maybe get a bit of advice regards my plastering career. Done level 1&2 at college over a 2 year fulltime diploma, got some experience but hitting a brick wall with regards to completing an nvq2 with an employer. Any pointers would be great, thanks.

Hi stitch welcome mate,
What is the reason behind wanting to gain the nvq2 is this ultimately about getting a cscs card?.

Hi there. I was a plasterers labourer back when i wad 16 and loved every day of it. Ive always been inspired by the job but never had an opportunity to get training etc. Anyway a few years ago circumstances meant i had to become a full time stay at home dad so i grasped the chance to do something about my love for this trade. I enrolled at college for my level 1 diploma which i passed with a distinction and recieved the mature student of the year award which i was made up with whilst also juggling 2 kids at home. I then was asked to do level 2 which i passed with great success. I gathered all my tools as i went along and have been lucky enough to have family and friends to let me do work on their houses with great results and feedback. I seem to struggle with anyone to give me a chance of an apprenticeship at 35 year old. Im not by any means saying im a qualified or time served plasterer but this is my ultimate goal and im not ready to chuck the trowel in yet (pardon the punt)! At the moment i feel like ive atchieved a hand full of certs but cant do anything with them or get anyone interested in throwing a lifeline by giving the chance of an apprenticeship which i believe is whats needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.