hello all

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat

hello my names alan im from swindon.

been plastering about 5 years now, taught by my dad and i used to work for him up untill a month ago.
well i still do jobs for him but im now self employed so he does jobs for me also ;)

my aim is to get into buying and selling houses and renting a few out also but for now ill use plastering as my income.

come across the site by accident but thought i would check it out, glad i did read some interesting stuff already.

and will be good to chat to other plasterer's.

cheers aj.

Iya Alan,

I've bin plastering since april last year alongside my other job. I'm qualified n bin out with experienced plasterers with 20 years+. Went all out beginning of this year n jacked ma job in n registered as self employed. Work is coming in dribs n drabs, was it like this for u wen u first started?

cool nice one mate :)

ive been doing the odd job here and there for mates and my names got around like that, so i get quite a bit of work through word of mouth, and i have been on the internet (car forums mainly) for ten years so i know alot of people and again get alot of work that way, so i guess i have been lucky really.

i still do a fair bit of work for my dad also so this helps aswell.

working 7 days a week at the moment have been for the last month. bloody knackerd lol.

Welcome to the forum,

Nice to see you taking part, the forum has not been going long only around 8 months ish, and already its a thriving community.

word of mouth is definiately the way to go but business cards and flyers is a also handy, I have T shirts with my name and contact details which I wear at every opportunity along with drinking in my local pub which also keeps me in work.

Once againhappy posting

Danny

cheers mate :)

my dad had tops etc but i have not sorted that out yet, but i will def be looking into it very soon :d

cheers aj

Status
Not open for further replies.