Heck silcone acrlic render

Status
Not open for further replies.

henry

Private Member
I was passing some public works on solid wall insultion and ask one of the lads what they was useing. He showed me
in the van a tub of heck silcone acrlic render it's german gear. Any way I had a look on the fronts they had done . I think the darker colours looked good but the lighter ones look shite. On the light colours it showed up were they had rubbed up and the joints was very poor. Am not knocking these lads who as done the job the weather been crap not
riseing above 5c for weeks now. It's like anything you know a good job when you see one. What I did find strange was
out of a block of terrace one was done in fecking orange of all colours it looked shite.

Well it's like they put the top coat rubbed the top half had a little dinner come back and tried to blend but the top to far gone to blend into hence a joint, also
in odd places they have tried to finish top coat and left swirls in it like you would if you was putting on a light artex swirl pattern. It must just be the weather been so cold and the gear just hanging. Am no expert on this mate, but you can tell a decent job.

it should be done all in one this stuff wont blend and it sounds like they are putting it on too heavy you really have to scrape it on

henry a bet where its got swirls its bin put on to heavy and not bin scraped tight enough and who the **** would go for a bate stand half way down a elavation

sometimes this basecoat and similar ones to it you can see joint ups in the base work where separate mixes/sections have been done. it can be common and should not cause a problem as long as there is no proud or sharp edges. It is the finish that needs the most attention. it should be dropped in one continuos action without stopping with enough men to handle it, drags and swirls are from rough rubbing up where the texture is sometimes too heavy like the lads say above or they aint been back over with a second check with the float to tidy and flatten.

Most people leave it rough pal to be honest - it seems no one gives a fk. Im sick of tellin em its rubbish. where is the job

Say on an average day not too hot etc how far would you go before a lad had to drop onto the next level to avoid a joint, also mate can you wet the angle with a flick of water would you do this before you lay into it or float?

spraying texture 1.5mm tomorrow if weather is ok les doesnt want it touched with a texture float think where going to use the little pump from pft quickly so it will be like a very fine tyroleon

Sorry it's not my job, best not say who is doing it might libal myself, Am just nosey bastardo , I will try and take a pic of the orange house .
plasterjfe not so many years ago if you done a job like i ve seen you have got your P45. What I can make of it is there is no uniform finish to the front of the building .

Sorry it's not my job, best not say who is doing it might libal myself, Am just nosey bastardo , I will try and take a pic of the orange house .
plasterjfe not so many years ago if you done a job like i ve seen you have got your P45. What I can make of it is there is no uniform finish to the front of the building .

Sounds like the EU brigade have been shipped in from dover

Say on an average day not too hot etc how far would you go before a lad had to drop onto the next level to avoid a joint, also mate can you wet the angle with a flick of water would you do this before you lay into it or float?

If its sunny spunk you want the next lad waiting under you ready to pick up th overlap as soon as you lay it. dont wet anything it will run your finish and possibly alter colour too.

Add any thinning water to your bucket whilst mixing it before you lay on but only a cup at the very most half a cup will do

You need extreme finesse to get thin coat looking mint IMO. You really can't be too fussy with it. In the wrong hands(plasterers or not!) it can look awful for something apparently so easy.

Kev I looked at that little pump, was gonna buy it at one stage, nice basic pump for texture spraying

You need extreme finesse to get thin coat looking mint IMO. You really can't be too fussy with it. In the wrong hands(plasterers or not!) it can look awful for something apparently so easy.

Kev I looked at that little pump, was gonna buy it at one stage, nice basic pump for texture spraying

u right goody butt

most of th buildings look shite, no one cares either as long as its cheap.

the most important thing for me on a building is the finish - it is what you see every day after if it looks shite the whole building IS shite who wants to buy a shite looking place? the germans know this and set up properly, why cant we

Couple it with the scuba comp and voilà a texture spraying setup for relative pennies. If that's all ur after then cheap as chippies. As an investment over hand application which ain't so crucial as mono etc it is actually quite steep. Bringing us back to the likes of the ritmo etc as a versatile machine which does a lot for the outlay unlike the quickli.

Doesn't spray applied turn out more of a tyrolean finish than normal? Do agents/surveyors ever pick up on this or us it preagreed?

Shes faultless butt thanks. Had a big spray today with me and the lad for 4 hours with 20 min stoppages to catch up on a job. This is where I get dubious of lesser powered machines ie single phase as circumstance dictated that we crack on with not enough men thus prolonging downtime in the spray. The xl's grunt powers through startup pumping out the stiffened gear whereas in single phase mode even the xl would simply stop. What do you do then? It ain't ideal working like this but when's a day on site ideal ey. She just pumps and pumps and for the manoeuvrability and one man loading on the van IMO the xl is the best proposition on the market today(but I is exrtremely biased though ha).

I had a look again today at these works, now on the base coat it's just been troweled on you can see the trowel strokes on the dried base coat is this ok or should this been smoothed finish.

£5500 plus vat Nick. The 3phase alone is early fours and has an onboard water pump. Got to be honest i never use it in single phase apart from pumping acrylic. Given my choice again I would have bought the 3phase xl and then bought. Something like the pft quickli and lk comp for thin coats. Saying all this though am starting a job this week like simplybesty going over aqua board with parex thin coat. Am hoping to run it off site single phase supply with no issues for mixing and pumping adhesive coat then onto spraying top coat so might still be the ultimate versatile machine in dual voltage mode.

for that price if it was available when i got mine i woulda got the xl. i get on well with mine but sometimes u do find urself thinking i wish this was going on a bit quicker. still a hell of a lot easier and quicker than by hand tho. also would be helpful with the extra pumping distance sometimes. wish could get an onboard water pump on mine also

I had a look again today at these works, now on the base coat it's just been troweled on you can see the trowel strokes on the dried base coat is this ok or should this been smoothed finish.

it should be smooth but sometimes you can see things like that and it is still flat, some lads just lash it on and waffle iron the blebs and lines off after its hard before priming

Status
Not open for further replies.