Heatwave

Members online

Well said Andy g, this it how it should be, but all too often we have numpties that just love to put fellow spreads work down without knowing the circumstance.
You feeling ok this morning you have said something nice mate. Did you have fish and chip and legover last night andyg( as u were)

You feeling ok this morning you have said something nice mate. Did you have fish and chip and legover last night andyg( as u were)

Andy g I’m in what I like to call paradise this weekend, I’m in the stunning village of “Mundesley” just about to take the dog down to the sea for a swim.

You should visit Mundesley some time it’s the most peaceful friendly seaside town in Britain, maybe just what you need.

Well said Andy g, this it how it should be, but all too often we have numpties that just love to put fellow spreads work down without knowing the circumstance.
In all fairness some of the pictures speak for themselves long before anyone has a bad word to say about the workmanship.

In all fairness some of the pictures speak for themselves long before anyone has a bad word to say about the workmanship.

this would of happened when trowling up if it was due to high suction any normal human being would of stopped and realised something is wrong lol.

the only other reason for them pics is the background was full of dust or no bond.
either way its poor workman ship.

this would of happened when trowling up if it was due to high suction any normal human being would of stopped and realised something is wrong lol.

the only other reason for them pics is the background was full of dust or no bond.
either way its poor workman ship.

Nothing to do with the heat then ?

Nothing to do with the heat then ?

i have a beer in the heat gordon xx
my work hasnt cracked in the heat lol.
20180715_130031.jpg

Update... plasterer has said we could put an undercoat of paint on the walls and then he will skim the walls again. He said the walls are very porous and the undercoat will help the plaster seal better. He will do immediately or happy to wait until cooler temperatures if that’s what I prefer. So the question is, am I literally painting over the cracks to hide a poor job that will show up in a few months or a years time? Your advice is really helpful.

Update... plasterer has said we could put an undercoat of paint on the walls and then he will skim the walls again. He said the walls are very porous and the undercoat will help the plaster seal better. He will do immediately or happy to wait until cooler temperatures if that’s what I prefer. So the question is, am I literally painting over the cracks to hide a poor job that will show up in a few months or a years time? Your advice is really helpful.

Painting it will help him control the suction, skimming over bare plaster is a proper ball ache.

I said to you mesh and skim no cracks

Make sure it hasn’t come loose will be the first thing to check.

The temperature was to blame here, it would of done the exact same thing.

What the fu ck is up with people on this thread.

Meshing a skimmed wall? at least you've found someone to agree with you andy g lol.

It's just heat grazing. Put it on if it grazes wet it up and lay down for f**k sake it's not rocket science

Meshing a skimmed wall? at least you've found someone to agree with you andy g lol.

It's just heat grazing. Put it on if it grazes wet it up and lay down for f**k sake it's not rocket science

That grazing happened after the final trowel I’m certain.
And my point to Andy g is that it would of happened anyway

That grazing happened after the final trowel I’m certain.
And my point to Andy g is that it would of happened anyway

Id bet my right bollock its 1 coat or 2 very thin and he was out sharpish before grazed up

If it's ridiculously hot i let first go right in to allow it to graze then wet a bit n lay down. Never had problems or call backs

Id bet my right bollock its 1 coat or 2 very thin and he was out sharpish before grazed up

If it's ridiculously hot i let first go right in to allow it to graze then wet a bit n lay down. Never had problems or call backs

That’s you with only 1 bollock then. Why doubt the guy ? He is coming back to address the issue.
Some on this thread should hang their heads in shame pissing all over a fellow spread.

Doesn’t mean it’s never happened to you though does it ? Once painted you won’t see the grazing not sure what the problem is.

Just try to help not slag off workmanship that not how i roll

I'm not doubting the spread I'm doubting your 2 methods of putting it right.

Putting a mesh over the wall isn't going to lower the temperature of the house is it