Heater or dehumidifier recommendations

Ftp321

I've just completely redone my own place complete renovation, I can't get the heating on until December, sprayed it all out yesterday I'm concerned about moisture and and mould got a new Oak kitchen coming on Monday don't want moisture getting into it and the doors swelling etc, any recommendations on on some good off-the-shelf heaterssomething that I could get today from Screwfix or Toolstation or would I be better with a dehumidifier, it's a large area
IMG_20191109_105649.jpg

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_20191109_105740.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 223
If the kitchen is in one end can you prop up a plastic curtain to section it off, put a dehum n heater in both areas
Don't go overboard with the heating , nice and slow

Go to quickly and you may get board cracks on cieling as heat rises up their may be hotter than you think

Are you meant to leave oak in room for a while any way. Or is that just flooring
Any unsealed wood to acclimatise , as the wood dries out it may distort with great strength , stud is put straight in and noggins help stop misshape , hence board cracking later on
Have I mentioned the advantage of mid joists ceiling boarding before ?

I've just completely redone my own place complete renovation, I can't get the heating on until December, sprayed it all out yesterday I'm concerned about moisture and and mould got a new Oak kitchen coming on Monday don't want moisture getting into it and the doors swelling etc, any recommendations on on some good off-the-shelf heaterssomething that I could get today from Screwfix or Toolstation or would I be better with a dehumidifier, it's a large areaView attachment 41490
Cheers

Nice :D you will want to get some heat in there to try and get teh excess moisture out especially as you are not living in there yet

Nice :D you will want to get some heat in there to try and get teh excess moisture out especially as you are not living in there yet
I've put four of these in pretty good for £40 not looking forward to the electric bill

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191114_192513_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191114_192513_com.android.chrome.jpg
    245.5 KB · Views: 211
I've had a couple of bungalows now, I found it's hard to sleep at first f****** weird bit like how gorillas sleep up trees,
But now I like the idea of it can't get trapped upstairs in a fire kids can't fall out of upstairs windows

Each to their own Tom. Its all good mate (y)

Anyone tried one of these

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191114_224150_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20191114_224150_com.android.chrome.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 217
Anyone tried one of these

This is what I discovered:

Every electric heater is 100% efficient, however you want a convection heater when drying plasterer so the heat spreads evenly.

A higher air temperature increases the ability of air to carry (more) water vapour. This is called relative humidity. So if the amount of vapor in the air remains constant, and we increase it's temperature, the RH will drop (ie it will free up capacity in the air for more vapor to occupy).

The water in the plaster will therefore have a greater tendency to leave the plaster and enter the air.

RH can also be lowered by simply extracting the water from the air and this will also free up water vapour capacity in the air again causing the water in the plaster to have a greater tendency to leave and enter the air.

Ideally you would not use a heater at all, just a dehumidifier, because this will not compromise the chemical reaction within the plaster as it sets,
but a heater will reduce the time it takes for the dehumidifier to extract the water out of the plaster. If it's cold like at this time of year go for an oil radiator in the middle of the room. They're cheap, safe, gentle and pretty much all convection. The blowers are okay, but be careful not to force hot air directly at particular areas which could cause them to dry out unevenly leading to cracking or in extreme cases dry out the water before the chemical reaction is complete.