Heat proof plaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam75

Hi all,

Was just after some advice please. A friend wants me to replaster round their fire which is cassette style as the original plaster is cracking. Do I need to used heat proof screed and plaster or will the plaster do a good enough job on it's own?

Cheers

superspread

You either want a fire cement with sand or sand and lime but not the hydrated lime,you may still experience some cracking though,hope this helps.

Pepper

I am new to this forum ...Hello Everyone,

Here is the heatproof screed and plaster I have used its difficult to put on and level from brick also the plaster will not smooth but its a recognized heat proof plaster.

thickness : Screed 20mm - Plaster 5mm

my tips : build up the final coat of heat proof plaster then sand back it will not polish up
also its only for small areas and you cant put a multi finish over it it states that you
cant do that. finally its REALLY expensive so save up and get more than you need I found that
what you get will not go very far!

links:

Everbuild 20KG Heatproof Plaster Mix Heat Resistant High Temperature | eBay

Everbuild 20KG Heatproof Screed Cement Mix Heat Resistant High Temperature on eBay!

Jace

sand cement and lime backing, dnt use beads round edges,then top with victas plaster, its very sticky compared to multi and it tends to hang for a while but its good stuff, make sure you get a perfect finish though as this plaster dries rock hard and you wnt be able sand it back but it will trowel smooth

Status
Not open for further replies.