Hawk and trowel, pan and knife

Justanothername

I’ve been doing drywall, mudding and taping for over 15 years, I have 3 years experience as a stucco applicator. I have recently discovered Venetian plaster and want to try my own mix with locally available materials (Saskatchewan,Canada)
And am looking for any expertise in this area.

Kirk is your man
FABD3335-F8F4-4810-B0FB-73CC997FFA91.jpeg

Do you mean you want to grind up local rock and come up with a local mix and finish?
No, but locally all I can get is type “s” bagged lime which I can slake myself. I can only get hot lime if I order a full pallet of the stuff do that’s not happening right now. Also, marble dust isn’t available here either and I can only find it in 500 gram packages, so that’s out as well. So far, my mix consists of 1 part slaked type s lime to 1 part powdered limestone (baseline field marker) liquid universal pigment (oxides) homemade casein and raw linseed oil. I have been testing this in various ratios around my own house with scattered results. To order proper materials in is prohibitively expensive so that’s where I’m at.

What Canada like this time of year
If you like snow (I do), it’s great! Not very cold right now, overnight lows are around -15C, highs during the day around -5C. Normally it is about -10 to -20 or so. In January and February it can easily get to -30 to -35. A day of -40 is not out of the question either. Those days are actually pretty nice because there is no wind and the sky is clear blue so the sun shines bright and warm!