Having fun with Unifinish when U didnt buy unifinish

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

phippsy333

Hello all , aint been around for a good while hope everyone is cool and dandy. Been feeling a bit pissed of recently with multi ........cause I recon that BG are slippin bags of unifinish into multi bags cause they cant get rid of the crap stuff . Anyone here getting the same for are those twots just saving the crap bags for me lol?
So mucked off am I with multi finish , ive been ordering bags of boardfinish from another building suppliers cause the one near me only stock multi......betting proper nobbed off with it....But am loving the board finish hope the chimps at BG don't start bunging it in that too...bloody better not or knauf it is lol

Too late mate.
Board finish is now exactly like multi....where I am anyway.
:RpS_angry:

the multi ive been using last couple of weeks has been mustard......just thought id let you know

Is your paddle clean or is it clogged up? A clogged up paddle does not mix as well as a clean paddle and it can often give a false impression that the quality of mix is sub standard. (I'm not implying in anyway that you've been too lazy to clean your paddle :))

Is your paddle clean or is it clogged up? A clogged up paddle does not mix as well as a clean paddle and it can often give a false impression that the quality of mix is sub standard. (I'm not implying in anyway that you've been too lazy to clean your paddle :))
If you ever see the back of Phippsy`s van you would be lucky to ever find a mixer in there,now where is that pic i have of ya van mt.

Some people say chaos isnt organised....well it is Mr kebabery.....or so Steven Hawkins reckons..........the truth is ..... theres an organised chaos in the back of my van...everything is where it should be.......some may say owww your van seems rather jolly stuffed full of the latest gizmos, owww you need a clean paddle ( I say tosh to that ), ooow you need a clean spot board board ( tosh to that too ) oowwww u ned to clean your trowel ( half the time I dont even need to use one I find the naked snow angel technique gets it on the wall afr quicker ) .........
BUT I am proud to say a bit of old stick with a bike cog nailed to it works just fine as a paddle and a bit of old fashioned arm power , I chuck the muck on the floor this works just as well as a spot board if used in conjunction with a shovel ( ok some may be picky and say the odd bit of fluff/dirt goes in the mix but this will only strengthen just like fibre additive especially if tipped out near the customers couch - where the fluff quality is best ). As for my trowel my trusty rusty homebase trowel which started life as a 13 inch , has never been cleaned its now 18inch long due to plaster build up..........it also leave a unique finish. We went to a job 2 weeks ago , when we got there we opened the back doors and guess what ...only fecking Lord Lucan jumped out, said he'd be in there a fair while.

Hand mixers should be confined to the history books. We're living in the 21st century: embrace mechanisation. People used to hand screw caps onto toothpaste tubes. There would be a whole line of them sitting on their asses doing this 8 hours a day. I bet they were glad when the machines came along because they got released from their shackles.

If I was working on an eco build and the owner said to me that "They want to live in harmony with the environment and could you please mix the plaster by hand?". What would I say? "Do I look like a donkey? I turn on the tap when I want water. Do you grind your own flour? Do you scrub your own draws?".

Some things are better done by hand (can't imagine they'll design a robot that can plaster better than me) but machines mix plaster better than someone by hand. Attach a MR3 or MR4 spiral and happy days!

:RpS_thumbsup:

Whats the book called ?.......50 shades of pink.:)

I've read that already but I have the grey version. The pink version is a limited edition sold in Ann Summers :razz:

My novel is called:

"Misconstrued Misadventure"

:RpS_biggrin:

Hand mixers should be confined to the history books. We're living in the 21st century: embrace mechanisation. People used to hand screw caps onto toothpaste tubes. There would be a whole line of them sitting on their asses doing this 8 hours a day. I bet they were glad when the machines came along because they got released from their shackles.

If I was working on an eco build and the owner said to me that "They want to live in harmony with the environment and could you please mix the plaster by hand?". What would I say? "Do I look like a donkey? I turn on the tap when I want water. Do you grind your own flour? Do you scrub your own draws?".

Some things are better done by hand (can't imagine they'll design a robot that can plaster better than me) but machines mix plaster better than someone by hand. Attach a MR3 or MR4 spiral and happy days!

:RpS_thumbsup:

What a load of cobblers.

anything that makes things more easier is a welcome! I always say why do something stood up when you can do it sat down, or like i tell our lass why get on top when i can do it from behind on our side :RpS_biggrin:

I was frigging joking about mixing muck by hand with a cog ........megamixer does a 50litre bucket way quicker lol ;O)

ok u caught me out...im still using hessian to tape me corners too......and I have 5 bags of carlite in the van too

anything that makes things more easier is a welcome! I always say why do something stood up when you can do it sat down, or like i tell our lass why get on top when i can do it from behind on our side :RpS_biggrin:
Does that mean you sit down to have a piss?.:RpS_unsure:

only one thing wrong with sitting for a p!ss is my c0ck dangles in the water

last time I p!ssed in the sink our lass caught me and she went fncking leet!!! maybe I should have taken the pots out first

:RpS_scared:

DannyMac, Was that your facial expression when you experimented on yourself? You'll get used to it: I've been told it only hurts the first time :RpS_thumbup:

Did your expression change as follows:

:RpS_scared: :RpS_scared: :RpS_scared: :-0 :RpS_mellow: :RpS_unsure: :RpS_blushing: :RpS_wub:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.