Havin a laugh!

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

barryed

Private Member
Went to price a job on Tuesday. The builder tried to get me to give him a meterage price on the phone for gyplining, 2 skins of 12.5mm Soundboard and skim. I said I would rather come and have a look before giving a price. So I went to the address to find it was an old church with a 7m high ceiling. Got there before the main man turned up and found there was only two towers and one youngaman board to use on a 12m by 8m ceiling.

The builder then arrived and I said " I'm Glad I did not give you a meterage price on the phone for this"

He replied "Why's that then?"

" Because of the height mate, I'm gonna need four lads just for getting the boards up the scaff and screwing them up, plus skimming will be a nightmare with the lack of scaff. So my meterage rate would be higher"

He then basically started laughing, said I thought I was working on buckinghum palace and that the heights dont make any difference when you are up there so it should just be my normal rates.

I then turned round, walked away got in my car and f**k*d off!

Your welcome to it if you want it mate!! Think it might be a little to far for you though! Although it is worth traveling for great jobs like this! ;D

Just glad im busy at the mo as it would have been january I probably would have been forced to negotiate with the t**t!

Status
Not open for further replies.