have just skimmed a ceiling over woodchip wall paper ha.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldschool

Did explain that everthing would go wrong to the builder but he was so sure that he's seen it done before an it was all OK? fook me are times that bad?

and i bet if it does go wrong the builder wont say yer i told him to do it
will just make you look in the wrong

ive skim a few ceilings over woodchip primed with wba abd skimmed next day woodchip was on boarded ceilings not lath.

Have you worked for this 'builder' before, cos either YOU or HIM is gonna look a right cowboy when it fails and you fall out over it - To preserve his good name he will be blaming you as said above, so what ya gonna do? ...........Tell him "I told ya"? .......Tell the customer "I told him"??? .........Or say & do nothing & have your reputation thrown into the gutter while the b*stard builder keeps his?:RpS_cursing:
barnie.gif

Last edited:
cause the jobs bin bodged
every plasterer knows not to plaster over wall paper as cant be sure will bond
so wen the customer rings up and says i just had me ceiling come down in sheets
the builder aint gunna say yer i told the spread to cut a corner n skim over the wall paper as we were short of time is he?
hes gunna blame who ever done it

as for all the other threads about chancers / cowboys/ and 2 day courses aint no diffrent to whats bin said about the builder

if was me and was asked by builder to plaster over paper id tell him to jog on
ok u might loose a days money but if you do the job and fails ull loose a lot more wen word gets around that uv cut corners

yeah spunky just pva'd over it... then skimmed... ive had a bottle of wine now so it feels like i need to go to church on sunday to repent my sins for forgiveness.

did one the other day it was a wall on h/s/l the one that drops down the stairs told the builder it wnt say on the wall but he said well i cnt be arsed to take it off and if you do it and it comes off he will pay me again to do it again.
luckily its his own house and he only wants it good enough to last 3 months so he can sell it, still hateing doin it though cos the paper had been artexed over previously:RpS_cursing:

im not overly botherd to be honest the guy whos running the job for him knows the score and he knows me very well as he owns the local boozer i go to haha

FFS that's even worse!!!! If it falls off you'll be the laughing stock while your having a pint! :RpS_laugh:

naa im kind of family well his sister is married to my cousin so i talking it over with him and he said to just go with it and if it does come off them just tell him and ill get paid to do it again as i warned him wen i went to price it up and warned him again before it did it, plus anouther plasterer in the pub was ment to price it up but diddnt have time and we got to talking about the job and he agreed with us that i warned him so its not my fault if it does come off.

its fine mate like i said the builder owns the house and just wants shot of it and for some reason strippd the whole house but couldnt be arsed with this one wall, i spoke to him sevral times and hes fine to pay me again

I know a lad who gypbonded and skimmed some in his own house that was 7 years ago and it's still on

Its still there 7 yrs on what I will say, I once wba a woodchip ceiling and it brought all the paper off in one go so it's swings and roundabouts.

Agreed mate I wouldn't do it on my own job but everyone's scare mongering him when he's been instructed to do something

If you need the brass then your going to do it, if it's going to fail it will while your skimming , I have seen a guy pebbledash his chimmney breast internal for effects. Why do people put coving up in the bathroom.

it did bubble up a bit wen i was skimming it but i just put a hole in it and forced the air out, fingers crossed itll stay, well its still there now and its dried out completley now so i spose ill find out monday when im there to start the downstairs and theyve started decorateing the upstairs

Am like rock am please I have come out of the cupboard about plastering over woodchip .

You can only advise what is right , if he wants to do it his way fine its his call , he is a builder after all , why should you lose a days money because the builder wont do it right ! . you can only do what your told to do , after all hes paying , if it does go bent , which to be honest it probably wont , its his call not yours .

take the money and run :RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.