Have I lost pressure?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim85

Hi iv got an sp11 bmr I think well some sort of sp11 anyway.

Haven't had it long and done around 10 houses with it, the last say 3 jobs we've done with it when cleaning out the ball gets stuck when it gets to the small pipe.

I haven't tried tightening up the r&s because it still seems to spray fine. I seem to be able to keep up with ruling it off pretty easy I can't remember how it was when we first got it.

If it does need tightening up how do you do it? I know you tighten the clamp but how much on each bolt?

I mark my nuts and bolts so I know they have been turned the same. Get is set right first time then mark them all at 12 o clock position then tighten them half an hour at a time.

Hi iv got an sp11 bmr I think well some sort of sp11 anyway.

Haven't had it long and done around 10 houses with it, the last say 3 jobs we've done with it when cleaning out the ball gets stuck when it gets to the small pipe.

I haven't tried tightening up the r&s because it still seems to spray fine. I seem to be able to keep up with ruling it off pretty easy I can't remember how it was when we first got it.

If it does need tightening up how do you do it? I know you tighten the clamp but how much on each bolt?

Hi Mate,

Might sound silly, but are you putting s 35mm ball through the big hoses and then directly through the 25mm hoses. It's only 10mm difference but will require a lot more power or force to push it through.

Do you have a pressure gauge on the front of the machine?

We have got a pressure gauge but it doesn't work I'll have a better look at it tomorrow and see if I can tighten it up. When we first got it it used to fire it straight out every time no hassle

Thanks for the advice!

We have got a pressure gauge but it doesn't work I'll have a better look at it tomorrow and see if I can tighten it up. When we first got it it used to fire it straight out every time no hassle

Thanks for the advice!

Don't over tighten it mate, doing this can cause more harm than good. Small turns at a time. Where are you based?

We are in norwich. I just realised Iv never taken the pressure gauge out and cleaned where it sits so had a massive lump of s**t stopping us see the pressure. What kinda pressure should I be getting on an sp11?

We are in norwich. I just realised Iv never taken the pressure gauge out and cleaned where it sits so had a massive lump of s**t stopping us see the pressure. What kinda pressure should I be getting on an sp11?

Is it definitely a pressure gauge or a pressure tester mate? If you send me a photo I can let you know

On the Diesels your back oressure will depend on hose lengths and thickness.

I think it's just the amount of pressure the auger is pushing through the pipes. Like I said the pressure gauge wasn't working so we cleaned it out now that works we should be able to see what it's pushing at.

We started today tho and it was pathetic and as the morning went on it seemed to get a bit better. Not great but better.

If I was to try tightening the auger how much should I turn the bolts?

Ok I'll get it set up and running tomorrow again and if it's not playing I'll try giving it half a turn. Thanks for ta help

Hiya I got it running today and gave it half a turn on the bolts n that did it some good while spraying but it got blocked while we were cleaning it out n gave it another full turn on all bolts but haven't sprayed with it yet do you guys think it'll spray ok or should I back them off a half turn?

Hiya I got it running today and gave it half a turn on the bolts n that did it some good while spraying but it got blocked while we were cleaning it out n gave it another full turn on all bolts but haven't sprayed with it yet do you guys think it'll spray ok or should I back them off a half turn?

Did it clear after the second turn?

Have you pressure tested the R/S? If you over tighten the R/S you will burn it out very quickly

Ok I'll back it off a half turn in morning before I start spraying in case it's too tight.

It's all a lot of guess work to us when the machine isn't running properly.

It's the first pump we've had and used it for around a year. we've been on the courses but never actually worked with the pumps before and just started questioning the power of the r&s because of the lack of gear coming out of the gun and the hassle we're having while cleaning out.

While I'm on the subject what procedure do you guys go through when cleaning just to make sure we're not doing anything stupid without realising?

Ok I'll back it off a half turn in morning before I start spraying in case it's too tight.

It's all a lot of guess work to us when the machine isn't running properly.

It's the first pump we've had and used it for around a year. we've been on the courses but never actually worked with the pumps before and just started questioning the power of the r&s because of the lack of gear coming out of the gun and the hassle we're having while cleaning out.

While I'm on the subject what procedure do you guys go through when cleaning just to make sure we're not doing anything stupid without realising?

Will be easier to discuss the process over the phone mate. Very easy to do. Will also run through a few things with your R/S and try and narrow a few things down with you mate. If you want to inbox me your number we can call you tomorrow

Thanks for the phone call Ryan! It's great talking to someone who knows what they're talking about.

All we tend to do when something goes wrong is stand round the machine arguing and acting like we know what we're talking about.

I think we'd probably of sold the machine if it wasn't for this forum!!!!

Thanks for the phone call Ryan! It's great talking to someone who knows what they're talking about.

All we tend to do when something goes wrong is stand round the machine arguing and acting like we know what we're talking about.

I think we'd probably of sold the machine if it wasn't for this forum!!!!

No worries mate. Fingers crossed it's all good going now for you mate.

If you need anything else please don't hesitate to give us a call

Status
Not open for further replies.