Have all merchants shut

Jesus this whole thing is so confusing. Now they’re saying as long as you follow public health guidelines and keep distance, wash hands etc you can go to work if you can’t work at home.

Jewson deliveries only to account customers.
Wickes click and collect, order and pay online, will text you within 4 hours so that you can pickup order in car park.

They will go down ! Public are posting pics of construction workers in close contact on tube ect! They will definitely re assess purely on peer pressure I assume!

Round here (Cornwall), they’re doing deliveries only or compiling orders to collect from the yards. No face to face contact.

Someone mentioned health and safety legislation yesterday cant believe it's not a health and safety risk to work on site. Surly affects I insurance etc

Some merchants trying to put in place where you willcall ahead order
Will be in a bay to collect at certain time

Your welcome

Someone mentioned health and safety legislation yesterday cant believe it's not a health and safety risk to work on site. Surly affects I insurance etc
It has to be an issue surely, that was my concern as an employer, they’ll be law suits after this the new ppi,putting workers at risk for none essential works.
I’m in North Yorkshire and all but 1 of our normal suppliers have closed up.
It’s a chain of events isn’t it, a couple of days they’ll be all shut.

They will go down ! Public are posting pics of construction workers in close contact on tube ect! They will definitely re assess purely on peer pressure I assume!

I think Johnson Will announce today, he didn’t come out with anything yesterday, but as there getting pressure to do it.i guess it’s sorting out self employed payments out first.

It has to be an issue surely, that was my concern as an employer, they’ll be law suits after this the new ppi,putting workers at risk for none essential works.
I’m in North Yorkshire and all but 1 of our normal suppliers have closed up.
It’s a chain of events isn’t it, a couple of days they’ll be all shut.
Very good point. But hard to prove you caught anything at work. Can happen anywhere I suppose.
Like you say though I can see Solicitors rubbing their hands and salivating at the prospect of another few years of claims.

That’s why I’m staying at home . Last thing I want to see is my van being photographed outside wickes then all over Facebook

That’s why I’m staying at home . Last thing I want to see is my van being photographed outside wickes then all over Facebook
Saw a guy putting a full house of windows in a domestic property yesterday as I went to collect my tools off a job
Unfkinbelievable

Jewson update

Attachments

• 46E29AED-6AFB-4D7C-B155-00081942E2C7.png
    46E29AED-6AFB-4D7C-B155-00081942E2C7.png
    907.6 KB · Views: 175
I’ve just got a call off a pal of mine, who runs a rendering outfit,with 20 odd fellas on his books, persimmon have just closed his site down in Harrogate and all other sites from 4.30 today for 3 weeks.

Saw a guy putting a full house of windows in a domestic property yesterday as I went to collect my tools off a job
Unfkinbelievable
Thing is the customers are just as bad letting them do it . I know my conscience is clear by staying at home . I’m doing my bit . Even the jobs I could do I need my lad to help me board the ceilings and how do i know where he has been .

Ive just cancelled next weeks work and the week after have just cancelled there job,they were both understanding and the work will still be there when this blows over.
Thank goodness for that

Just been to a p**i builders merchant
Too funny
They are all wearing mask & absolutely no PPE no rules pull in load & go
& I asked you will not be at prayer on Friday
He says
no brother we are at prayer still

Your welcome

Just been to a p**i builders merchant
Too funny
They are all wearing mask & absolutely no PPE no rules pull in load & go
& I asked you will not be at prayer on Friday
He says
no brother we are at prayer still

Your welcome
They don’t take orders from our government. Unless sharia laws say so they’ll carry on as normal

Lads I won’t lie and please don’t slag me for going but I did a job in guidelines of health England today, two things I’d like to say is
1. I went to BandQ this morning they had the car park zoned off in like these click and collect isles so basically materials brought out to van then you can load but I’m not sure if we can get plaster as the guy said he wasn’t sure himself

2. I was suited and booted completely head to toe with Ppe as had discussed this and total distancing with client too but have decided to f**k it all off as it was so much hassle was unreal ,I even took off all my clothes before coming back into my own house that’s the worse bit really and the fact I felt an absolute c**t driving round today I got no problem what anyone decides to do in these weird times but for me I’m out now sod it

Unfkinbelievable
Thing is the customers are just as bad letting them do it . I know my conscience is clear by staying at home . I’m doing my bit . Even the jobs I could do I need my lad to help me board the ceilings and how do i know where he has been .

If the customer and fitter are happy let them do it, they are adults.

Lads I won’t lie and please don’t slag me for going but I did a job in guidelines of health England today, two things I’d like to say is
1. I went to BandQ this morning they had the car park zoned off in like these click and collect isles so basically materials brought out to van then you can load but I’m not sure if we can get plaster as the guy said he wasn’t sure himself

2. I was suited and booted completely head to toe with Ppe as had discussed this and total distancing with client too but have decided to f**k it all off as it was so much hassle was unreal ,I even took off all my clothes before coming back into my own house that’s the worse bit really and the fact I felt an absolute c**t driving round today I got no problem what anyone decides to do in these weird times but for me I’m out now sod it
Strange how folks mindset makes them feel.
I drove to work with sunroof down, it was a pleasure to have quiet roads and the birds were singing a merry old tune.

If the customer and fitter are happy let them do it, they are adults.
You really are a muppet . The lockdown means anyone moving around the country without real reason . I’ve sacrificed all my work to protect my family and others . I’m losing money left right and centre . But if folks see me out working then they think we’ll I will do the same .

Plastering will be there in a month or so, your health may not be.

Police stopping people now for a chat I hear. By weekend or probably tomorrow make sure you have £30 fine money sat ready in account to help fund my isolation. Got a feeling plasters will be the final trade driving about. Probably looking for a open pub. Really not doing our trade image any good some of you..gee FFS. Government Text this morning. First line. Stay at home.. Read it FFS.. God!

You really are a muppet . The lockdown means anyone moving around the country without real reason . I’ve sacrificed all my work to protect my family and others . I’m losing money left right and centre . But if folks see me out working then they think we’ll I will do the same .
your choice, we can all make our own decisions safely , don't need another adult to tell us what is right.
Don't need Mot now but does not mean safe drive without brakes.

Very good point. But hard to prove you caught anything at work. Can happen anywhere I suppose.
Like you say though I can see Solicitors rubbing their hands and salivating at the prospect of another few years of claims.

You are legally obliged to take all reasonable precautions to limit risk and have a duty of care to employees, contractors, and any visitors to the area you work in. So:-

Can you prove that you have taken all precautions necessary?
Are you adhering to current medical and Government advice and able to prove you are?

If the answer is no then you are uninsured and also in contravention of HSAWA and unfortunately "the advice was contradictory" or "but Boris said" aren't considered a defence.

The upshot is, as @owls intimated, err on the side of caution because it would be a proper fcuker to survive corona virus with your health and business in tact only to be sued out of existence afterwards.

Good decision mate. No job is worth having to stand stark bollock naked on your drive for.