Hate tiling

Tinytom

Anyone else agree to tiling then remember how shite it is when you start? Look at this iv got to get over.
She wants it over tiling, dot and dab not an option as the room is so small so I’m stuck trying to make the best of a bad job
I’ll post pics when done

Attachments

• 0633B516-FB42-4451-AA80-66B6B488F6A0.jpeg
    0633B516-FB42-4451-AA80-66B6B488F6A0.jpeg
    974.4 KB · Views: 638
  • E52D0EE6-EE72-4BD2-9D11-F10BD3729F81.jpeg
    E52D0EE6-EE72-4BD2-9D11-F10BD3729F81.jpeg
    1,001.3 KB · Views: 575
Anyone else agree to tiling then remember how shite it is when you start? Look at this iv got to get over.
She wants it over tiling, dot and dab not an option as the room is so small so I’m stuck trying to make the best of a bad job
I’ll post pics when done
Smash the tiles off and get a plasterer in.

If it was easy none of us would have jobs! So shake it off and step up !

As some old annoying Fokker used to say to me years ago.

If it was easy none of us would have jobs! So shake it off and step up !

As some old annoying Fokker used to say to me years ago.

I have to remind myself of that in my other work. I bang my head against the wall on a daily basis. Same problem, different people.

Every fcuking day.

So occasionally, I do have to give my head a wobble and remind myself that it's what I do for a living. The difference between me and an amateur or someone who's fallen by the wayside is that I can resolve these problems and they can't.

There's no such thing as free money.

Smash the tiles off and get a plasterer in.
I am a plasterer, that’s why I wonder why I agree to jobs like these lol.
It’s all tiled now grout up tomorrow, I’ll post a few pics managed to get over the majority, I had to run a vertical joint over the door though it was over 2 inches out

If all else fails I’m off to join the foreign legion. Came out the army in 2009 and I miss it more each year

As they say, buddy... You'll never be a civilian again. Ex squaddie it is.

I miss it too.

But if your customer complains, then just tell them that you were an NCO in the Parachute Regiment and show them the wings that you no doubt have tattooed on your arm, and they'll be so amazed that they'll pay up anyway.

I once heard a furious man complaining at McDonalds.... 'I AM A SENIOR NCO IN THE PARACHUTE REGIMENT', shouted the man, waving his scoff box at the donk behind the counter. 'HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!'

I don't know if he got his dispute resolved or not. I'd died laughing by then.

I miss it too.

But if your customer complains, then just tell them that you were an NCO in the Parachute Regiment and show them the wings that you no doubt have tattooed on your arm, and they'll be so amazed that they'll pay up anyway.

I once heard a furious man complaining at McDonalds.... 'I AM A SENIOR NCO IN THE PARACHUTE REGIMENT', shouted the man, waving his scoff box at the donk behind the counter. 'HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!'

I went to a family day years ago at st Athens and there were some white haired old boys there. They had me feeling there flexing pectorals ( which were pretty impressive for 80 years old) then they all got s**t faced, broke into the gym and had a boxing match between themselves I heard after :LOL:

I miss it too.

Lol sounds about right, the customer won’t complain she was well aware of the difficulties of this job she’s been in this afternoon and she’s chuffed with it, it’ll look totally different grouted up tomorrow.

I went to a family day years ago at st Athens and there were some white haired old boys there. They had me feeling there flexing pectorals ( which were pretty impressive for 80 years old) then they all got s**t faced, broke into the gym and had a boxing match between themselves I heard after :LOL:
I was based at st athan, take it you mean South Wales? We got banned from the local village called langtwit major or something like that because someone punched a pregnant woman lol

I was based at st athan, take it you mean South Wales? We got banned from the local village called langtwit major or something like that because someone punched a pregnant woman lol
Yeah South Wales. That doesn't surprise me, bunch of nutters the paras!

In my first week someone brought a transvestite back from Cardiff and taped him to a chair then the whole platoon had a go