Has anyone here ever worked for a council ?

Members online

Zippydragon

Has anyone on here ever worked for a council? We have deliberated moving away for years but I’ve always been too scared to as I will be new to the area and have no contacts for work. Just seen the local council there is looking for plasterers -28k salary- holiday the whole package , wondering if this would be a good place to start till I am known in the area. Any experiences would be great if anyone has

@Cockney1

I.m good.mates with a plumber who.works for council. He said there after plasterer in Wakefield . 33 g a year plus hols etc. I.d have took it but doesn't give me freedom I need at this moment

Has anyone on here ever worked for a council? We have deliberated moving away for years but I’ve always been too scared to as I will be new to the area and have no contacts for work. Just seen the local council there is looking for plasterers -28k salary- holiday the whole package , wondering if this would be a good place to start till I am known in the area. Any experiences would be great if anyone has
I'd imagine every council different in every area, but the work will generally be in more deprived areas I assume so would probably watch ya tools and van buy a dirty cheap set of gear and a Parkside megamixer even better if they supply tools

@Cockney1

I.m good.mates with a plumber who.works for council. He said there after plasterer in Wakefield . 33 g a year plus hols etc. I.d have took it but doesn't give me freedom I need at this moment
This is the thing, I’m moving to have freedom but am I just saddling myself, I just don’t want to be out of work when I get there

@Cockney1

I think you need to go through selection process.

@Cockney1

You need papers to work for the council, so unfortunately you’ll be out mate! Lol

They are fine I just want to make my own way and not be reminded at every opportunity that “I owe them”
Just treat them as any other customers,you set the price they don't dictate and if they don't like it find someone else.. Simples!

They are fine I just want to make my own way and not be reminded at every opportunity that “I owe them”
i get you there.. The wifes dad was told by her grandmother when he was a youngun to ask for a decorators aprentiship off someone she knew. And apparently the grandmother made him who he is today all thanks to her.. Not the hardwork and commitment he has put in:rolleyes:

My mate took a council job as plasterer a lot of quick easy patch repairs each day which he said was piece of piss to do but the problem he got was it was totally depressing dealing with the council folk politics and going into shitty houses for crap jobs

the problem he got was going into shitty houses for crap jobs
The Kid Mero What GIF by Desus & Mero

28k @John j money

Soul destroying job working on housing association jobs.

The tenants think they are your boss and the council just want you to cover their past bodge...

I tried getting the contract for all the plastering and was planning on employing a big team but the council I feel had a bit of a back hander going on somewhere

Soul destroying job working on housing association jobs.

The tenants think they are your boss and the council just want you to cover their past bodge...

I tried getting the contract for all the plastering and was planning on employing a big team but the council I feel had a bit of a back hander going on somewhere
There will be lots of brown envelopes flying around for council contracts.