has any1 got

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiganlad

Private Member
a video of a machine spraying finnish in a house or summet. ive seen simps vid on a flat wall with no ceiling angle but would like a to c it doin the kinda of wrk i do. oh and hardwall aswell. really taking to the idea but trying to warm mi mate to the idea aswell. he used one for mp for 7 years in germany but ne aint seeing it for skim in houses. we skimin 4 bed house in 2 days with our lab and says we woudnt gain out in buying a machine.

did a recording today. spraying hardwall and skim. its on the labourers phone so im waiting for him to upload it and send it to me.

What is that place? Looks like a massive kitchen or weird office.

And theres a coloumn that doesnt go to the ceilling, how come?

Love the machine though, I wish they were 800 quid instead of 8 thousand :(

nelly said:

a couple grand would be nice ;D

nelly said:

its a house. were in the lounge. the other bit is dining room and kitchen. theres no doors all open. the colomn is where a gas fire feature thing is going but they havent built it all up yet. dunno y.

that looks alot more productive than hand applied. i take it he would carry on spraying another wall whilst you ruled that. and then you just foolow him round?

for anyone who is plastering day in day out on all different types of jobs. ie 1 day a new house next day a few rooms in an old house, then a garage doin mono or something. The ritmo is a perfect machine for making the transition to projection plastering. Its Cheap there is no generator required and the kit fits in the van neatly. I would have definitely made this my first machine if they were available when i started.
Would you say without a doubt Nick that you are now earning more money than you were when hand applying.

hey nick, when you're spraying the multifinish does the room look like an opium den full of smoke or is it just me not getting my spray right

Ive noticed this on a couple of multi vids there seems to be a lot of crap at the bottom of the wall is that this mist of multi someone was on about

sprayit said:
for anyone who is plastering day in day out on all different types of jobs. ie 1 day a new house next day a few rooms in an old house, then a garage doin mono or something. The ritmo is a perfect machine for making the transition to projection plastering. Its Cheap there is no generator required and the kit fits in the van neatly. I would have definitely made this my first machine if they were available when i started.
Would you say without a doubt Nick that you are now earning more money than you were when hand applying.

yes mate. more so on the rendering/mp75 side of it, but multi aswell

sprayit said:
hey nick, when you're spraying the multifinish does the room look like an opium den full of smoke or is it just me not getting my spray right

yeah u do get a bit of a mist but u can control it by playing around with it. i find a bit more air and stiffening it up helps a lot. iv been running it at getting on 25bar to get it on nice. too little air and it doesnt hit the board hard enough. too much and its a bit mental. mp finish is far less misty.
as for the floors i use a big roll of foot of so wide parcel paper. just roll it out then chuck away. on concrete floors dont bother coz its screeded over after.

i sprayed the mp finish and the FP90 which it was called before. What i found was the material would spray on fine, i would give it a trowel to flatten it then it would be too wet so when it picked up a little i gave it a sponge as told by knauf, gave it another trowel and again it was still quite wet, then i would trowel in again and before i finished that trowel it would go dark and set. it was a nightmare as i had to give it ethel to get a finish on that pass and had another to go.
It did this with both products i used from knauf. Do you get the same

Cant see the advantage on finish side it looks slower than hand applying, lookin at that vid i could of applyed one coat and flat in a tenth of the time and would be flying on the next wall. Dont shoot me down its a fact im not slagging your machine, most plasterers would have to agree.

flynnyman said:
Cant see the advantage on finish side it looks slower than hand applying, lookin at that vid i could of applyed one coat and flat in a tenth of the time and would be flying on the next wall. Dont shoot me down its a fact im not slagging your machine, most plasterers would have to agree.

applying the finish looks faster. but, could you have 1 lad spraying and 1 lad trowelling up and keeping the machine going? and your not constantly stopping, mixing up, carrying to the spot, picking a bucket up. emptying the bucket, going back and forth to the spot all day. i know nothing about machines but it just seems to me they are less hassle. although obviously the cost is a big issue

I have thought the same flinnty but when you look at the principle there, You have a machine mixing it, carrying it to the wall, then applying it to the wall.

What you're saying flinn is correct you could lay a flat strip quicker than it could be sprayed and cleaner, but you did not account for time mixing and transporting. Just an example if you had a 2 and 1 gang and you had say 3m high walls on board, youre labourer could spray the whole area from the floor then one man on stilts looks after the top and the other looks after the bottom. Do you think that batch mixing and laying on 3mts high would be quicker by hand.

Anyway as i said looking at the principal of what the machine is doing you cant argue that it is certainly replacing a labourers work during the process of laying on skim Even if you used it to fill you're spot up from the pipe.

now dnt give me any s**t this is just imo. i can see the benifits of the machine for hardwall or the likes of mp75 especialy but i cant see it benifitting me for the skimming side of things. it seems far too slow and wee wdnt gain any thing. i am still considering a machine though for the plaster side of things. but its a big outlay at the mo for a new 1. thinking of bidding on the g4 lite on ebay. but have to ok it wiv her indoors.

Its not replacing the labourer coz your on about him spraying and you can only spray so much before the machine needs cleaning coz finish sets, who loads the machine? Who brings the bags in? who fills the water? who cleans the machine? you would honestly be stood watching the lab spray then flatten then watch then flatten cant see the advantage on finish. Ive always said there advantage are rendering to high areas. Ok lets say you have got 3m walls your lab mixes and loads the spot you put it on flat your already a trowel in front of the machine and what about suction? you couldnt spray hardwall a day old coz you would have no chance with the suction.

I have to admit I like the idea of the machine on hardwall but finish..... that last vid was deperately slow.... however I can see it not being as tiring in the long run and my back would be better looked after.

I doubt you will ever replace teh labourer who would you talk to?

Danny

PS nice job though and def an eye opener I have never seen spraying before

i no ur all saying its slower and i no it does look slow. but if u look at the time it takes just under 2 mins to put on 1 board. so if there was 2 of u, 1 following behind it would take 2 people 2 mins to put on and flatten 1 board. obviously 1 person working a board behind the sprayer.

so 3 boards would take approx 6 mins. which is approx 10m. so 60m, 30m each, on and flattened would take approx 36 mins. is that any slower than normal?

nick0412 said:
i no ur all saying its slower and i no it does look slow. but if u look at the time it takes just under 2 mins to put on 1 board. so if there was 2 of u, 1 following behind it would take 2 people 2 mins to put on and flatten 1 board. obviously 1 person working a board behind the sprayer.

so 3 boards would take approx 6 mins. which is approx 10m. so 60m, 30m each, on and flattened would take approx 36 mins. is that any slower than normal?

Nick im a finiky c**t so im just gonna answer this, yeh the board was done in just under 2 minutes and if my eyes dont decieve me i reckon about 3 inches have been cut of the width of that board but im gonna give you the full board. :) so one board at 2 mins and your saying if someone was following on it would take 2 mins still hmmmmmmmmmmmm it wouldnt it would take a bit to flatten lets say 30 secs just to be on the safe side (maybe longer maybe slower but for arguements sake we will say 30 secs) :) so 3 boards would take approx 7 and a half minutes which is approx 8.64m so 60m, 30m each, on and flattened would take approx 52 minutes, which is very slow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.