Hardwall

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollybank

Private Member
After 30yrs plasterering been using Hardwall for the first time thurs and fri as the builder has bought it in.Im plastering a classroom and corridor at a local school and i tell you what i cant seem to get to grips with it.I have always used browning and it seems better to use than this hardwall.Question,is tough coat easier to use than this.

grand wizard said:
what you finding hard about it
It doesn t spread as easily as the browning it just seems as if there is no body in it like you are putting finish on the wall.Do you think it is a bad batch or is that how it is ???

well browning is a bit fluffier but i find if you put a coat on then another straight over it makes it better to rule

Thanks done that,each wall is 36sqm and there is tons more meterage in the corridor suppose there is nothing i can add to it to make it more workable ???I would rather render it but it needs a lghtweight plaster on it as specified.

grand wizard said:
dont know what to say mate always found it workable is it grey or pink
Pink i read one of your replies saying the pink was better to use.Maybe its just me struggling to get these walls on with them being so high.

To be honest hollybank I've a fairly ltd experience of Hardwall and must say that compaired with either Browning or especially S&C it does feel like horrid sticky shite so your not alone. Why people try to get their S&C to be like Hardwall is beyond me.

Thanks maybee after the job i may grow to like it[not].Failing that i shall have to go on one of them courses to learn how to apply these new backing plasters.Bring back the good old days ;)

essexandy said:
To be honest hollybank I've a fairly ltd experience of Hardwall and must say that compaired with either Browning or especially S&C it does feel like horrid sticky (german word)e so your not alone. Why people try to get their S&C to be like Hardwall is beyond me.

Your just not used to it, its good to use when you get used to ot.Sounds a daft question, but are you mixing it to thick.

kebab king said:
Your just not used to it, its good to use when you get used to ot.Sounds a daft question, but are you mixing it to thick.
Yeh mixed it thick first mix,after that mixed it a lot wetter,firms up in the bath after 5mins just used to browning.Never mind have stupid amounts of meterage to get used to it.Thanks KK

Just find it easier mixed to a thiner (but not to thin)cobsistancy and as Grand says make 2 passes.One of those hard to explain things.

Thanks its going ok in the end thats what ive been doing 2 passes but its such damn hard work as to using browning all these years.Cheers

kebab king said:
Ya just getting old mate.
ahh think you could be right.Some window fitter came up to me the other day and said how long you been doing this for m8,to which i replied 1981,bloody hell i was only 3yrs old then.You t**t thanks for making me feel old.

a can beat that one lads 1979 when i started am feeling like a bit of a dinosaur but theres still alot left in the tank ha ha

useed browning hardwall and tuf coat loads thousands of m2 with them all and dnt find any of them any more dificult than the other to use. but browning is alot more light weight

kevmc said:
a can beat that one lads 1979 when i started am feeling like a bit of a dinosaur but theres still alot left in the tank ha ha
bloke i wrk with started in that year and he stil going strong

Hi Mate

Do you find different wisk head mix gear up different on hardwall i use the marshalltown quick mixer wisk head and
I always put a scratch coat double up and rule in asp then when it take up a little a light trowel rub up when ready.

try a weak pva over the blocks rough coat then straight back over it plus its really nice to set :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.