Hardwall spray

Status
Not open for further replies.

goody

Private Member
Sprayed hardwall today with the xl in single phase off the mains with me robust plug and was pure wankery. Sprayed like fluffy cream and was super quick with no issues at all. All skimmed up in the afternoon better than board. A propper productive marriage of old and new techniques perfectly blended into a display of the modern plastering outfit in full swing. Best days internal plastering weve ever ever had......tissue please :D

I've been doing some internal float and set recently and i think they have changed harwall again, BG quality control is crap, we had board finish that was greasy and it was in date by a long way. The hardwall didn't seem to set fast enough we ended up leaving over night and skimming next day and it was fine, we didn't spray because they only got frames in when you pestered them too so not enough to really. Glad it went well Goody, Grand recons it's like ruling off a string vest! Made me laugh.

steve i didnt say that i think it rules great its the way it sets i dont like when sprayed and turning back to skim always seems later ithink its quite easy for a 2+1 to chuck 100m2 on in 3 hrs then turn back skimming it with the machine you seem to have to wait longer to go back on it imo

it wasn't so much the metres as was only 45 odd ready for us at that time. Was more of a trial run really as wanted to keep ahead of it. Didn't know how long we had with it before it flash set, was using mains power which tripped twice, somebody turned our water off to fill the kettle and never turned it back on!! then boiled the kettle to make a pot noodle ffs which killed the power. So all in all a comfortable test run to get to grips with the material and how the machine liked it.

As it happens the biggest thing that we discovered with it was that you have a lot of time really so quite a larger area would have still been comfortable although this does need skimming in the afternoon so don't be a hero, and using a spat at a sharp angle whilst firm but not set perfected it and cleaned all the angles effortlesly. Skimming it was imo more satisfying than board work and using the spat to flatten both skim coats off was a revelation

Appologies Gary, horrible to rub up and cut out anyway, but you would sort it if you had plenty to go at it would turn you into a metre eater! ;D I'm not one of those at present, had a little operation done on my hand 8 weeks ago and i'm still struggling, seems to me i'm a bit of a baby. :'(

iv always found hardwall pretty nice to spray. 2 of us usually do 20-30 bags. it does hang a bit and the floating can be a pain but i think hardwall is £hit anyway. :)

nope. iv seen a few of u have said its good. whats it like? sticky like hardwall? whats it like skimming over? is the price similar?

what do you machine fella`s do when spraying hardwall with petrol genie if working on flat`s.do you base machine at ground level and use long hose?does the gear not struggle with long distance?

a lot of sites will now have 3 phase installed on them, or they will do it at a cost of about 150-200 quid if the jobs big enough then its worth having a supply installed, i got 1 on th job i'm on

do you not have issues with the length of leads i thought you could only 50 meters with a 3 phase lead before it started to lose the voltage the company we are working for at the moment have had 4 outlets installed for that reason cost 180 a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.