hardwall on thermalite

Status
Not open for further replies.

User___removed

i`m starting a job next week.inside skin is built out of white thermalite.i`ve been drylinning most of my jobs over the last few years but have decided to start going back to hardwall & skim.what`s the suction like on white thermalite?

give them a coat of pva 2-1 the day before , has to be the day before doesnt work aswell same day and should do the trick

For thermalite there used to be a plaster called Browning hsb meaning heavy suction browning if it,s still sold use it 50 50 with plain browning good luck ;)

try it bobby and see how you get on it may pull in slightly more than normal should be manageable, i messed up and put too strong a coat on have had it sliding down the walls ...........deffo works play with the ratios and see whats best for you

pkillie said:
For thermalite there used to be a plaster called Browning hsb meaning heavy suction browning if it,s still sold use it 50 50 with plain browning good luck ;)
agree totaly tp was selling last year not sure if they still are. make sure 50 50 though. the stuff is like glue on its own and take foreva goin of other wise

pkillie said:

HSB High Suction Background :)

Give it a coat of pva wait half an hour and give it another and you will see the second coat doesnt sink in as much.

It'll be fine then.

gyprime all the way as grand said......if at a push u have a small area and dont wanna fork out on gyprime as its expensive.....soak background then weak pva a couple of times and i use universal one coat as backing plaster seems to hold back suction well......but gypprime is what your supposed to use

flynnyman said:
pkillie said:

HSB High Suction Background :)
[/quote good bank

napper83 said:
and gyp prime isnt thant expensive if you thin it right out you can get about 500mtr from a tub

Can do that with Knauf Primer as well to make it go further, which is probable the same as your gyp prime sorta thing.

Bobby - is thermalite what we call Ytong blocks here?
I Use a primer on these as they suck like hell LOL ;D
ytong%20block.png

gyprime stuff etc my arse, throw on a tight coat of hardwall over the area u need 2 cover then fill
out as required after edging and devil float when ready. Hardwall is designed for hs backgrounds.
Skim same day

White blocks are durox not thermalite and have always been agg we used to give them a good soaking years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.