Hardwall on damp membrane

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant see how damp is coming through that wall. it looks sounds and is properly decorated.. when its all finished they will probably put all the furniture up against the walls, and ring u back up saying the damp is back and all it was is condesation...

this system is tried and proven but not seen it used when its not lapped behind the viscreen membrane on the floor the speck says fix at 400 centres and its like any lath your fixing to you have to build up slowly to stop movement because of lack of suction, it works and ive never seen it fail if installed correctly it brilliant in barn conversions and cellars.

yes i see how it works but like you said noffin stoping water from gettin under it? it had an injection from last time round so the probloem was salts for useing the wrong backing coat last time so now he has fixed this on there sould be no salts coming threw

I just dont like the sound of bonding being used in any area involved with damp it always seems to attract it. I was involved in a similar system a few years ago in a new build basement which had failed. The whole room was covered in membrane sealed down to a raised floor which had a sump and pump below, the whole thing worked perfectly but for the life of me i cant remember what it was plastered with.
Lucius

it cost about £150 for 10m2

if you use sand and cement the man said you have to scrach it leave it for like 3 weeks the apply next coat then leave fro 3 weeks then apply top coat and all the mixes have to be BANG on. so people dab it or hardwall it. still he says it should be 3 days betweet hardwall coats! as its all over the top. the idea is no damp should come threw so u can use what ever you like to top off membraine

Status
Not open for further replies.