Hardwall Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
4349454196_02da56e6f5.jpg

no not single skin mate, skimmin on hardwall is gr8! takes no time at all just lay on flatten the lay on again!

i just wanted it to stick! have i dont sumit wrong? is it to do with having suction making the bond?

walls that are to be hardwall'd can be treated with thistle gyp-prime. direct from the british gypsum website

also when ever i use bond it i make my own ie. 10L of bond it mixed with 3L of PVA plus 5L of Water, makes it go far and spreads well. i use that bond it mix as an every day primmer.

to be honest mate, it will probably be fine. but it says on their website to only use it with bonding coat.

I aint seeing the same job as the rest of you i just sacked a spread for plastering that standard (only joking oasis looks allright ;D )

Bod said:
I aint seeing the same job as the rest of you i just sacked a spread for plastering that standard (only joking oasis looks allright ;D )

I was just gonna agree with you its about an inch proud of the door casin and why you didnt pick up the nib on the other side of the door casing i'll never know but your learning but thank f**k its not on my house :)

Bod said:
oasis said:
o dear.whats the possible problems?
What i can gather is it causes air to be trapped behind and makes hollow areas.
it wouldn't be anything to do with the weight of plaster/ hardwall/ toughcoat. there not being any suction now due to bond it....

flynnyman said:
Bod said:

nice 1 allways good to read flyns replys.
was about 2 mill over door edge and dint do the other side as it was SOLID.

lets hope no air gets traped hey!

I was just gonna agree with you its about an inch proud of the door casin and why you didnt pick up the nib on the other side of the door casing i'll never know but your learning but thank (french word) its not on my house :)

when your floating oasis remember to cut it back at door casings and beads

and if you want your bond it to go further just water it down no need for pva but then again theres no need for bond it in 90% of applications

oasis said:
flynnyman said:
Bod said:

nice 1 allways good to read flyns replys.
was about 2 mill over door edge and dint do the other side as it was SOLID.

lets hope no air gets traped hey!

I was just gonna agree with you its about an inch proud of the door casin and why you didnt pick up the nib on the other side of the door casing i'll never know but your learning but thank (french word) its not on my house :)

couple of mill.....................well in that case my nob is bigger than i thought..............not the one on my head :)

looks alright for ya first go Oasis!

but why didnt you rule off using the door frame?

Id have set a screed up on the left of the wall (where you did) and ruled between that and the door frame!

unless its just the skim thats making it look like its quite proud?

Just needs a thin bit of timber (15mm wide by 5mm thick) nailing onto the edge of the doorframe before skimming, and jobs a good un!

MFW said:
Just needs a thin bit of timber (15mm wide by 5mm thick) nailing onto the edge of the doorframe before skimming, and jobs a good un!
:)
i think you mean 15mmthick by 5mm wide

a man who has never made a mistake has never made anything at all.

oasis fore someone who is teaching yourself i think you are doing quite well mate ;)

Just read through this post do none of you lads just nail on a timber ground 2 inch from the floor and work from that and just leave on for skirting to be nailed to

just lash it on rule it an get paid f**k fannying about with bits of wood an screeds the day before if your gonna screed then do them wet

Status
Not open for further replies.