hardwall by machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goody

Private Member
gonna be spraying hardwall and then skimming by hand in the afternoon this week. Do you have to prepare the smooth concrete lintels above the openings when using hardwall? Will a brush of pva be ok or some mesh maybe? Were gonna dab the reveals out bout 10mm? is this right? Got some 10mm pvc render angle beads left over so was going to use them on any externals apart from reveals, is this ok? oh and any tips on setting times etc with the machine as it's our first time. Did some with sprayit years ago but was propper green back then and generally a bit of a numpty ???

I dont usually prep the lintels just hardwall over them and I det the reveals as tight as ill get away with.

Be looking forward to your reports goody as I have never sprayed hardwall.

What kind of areas we talking here ?

it can be very splashy goody so wear some glasses and dont try devilling it without water and youll find it set,s very uneven and some can flash set water on new r+s about 700

so the hardwall is quite sticky then on concrete? it's all ground floor of a large extension split into two rooms with a bit of partitioning here and there. Nice to start off on really rich. Going to be using the xl in single phase too which without the damn genny will be nice and quiet and relatively stress free!!

thanks grand will be using brand new d42 with clamp in single phase. so the output wont be so fierce i hope. will defo use glasses tho. Are you looking for the consistency of mp75 being wet and creamy then(wetter than youd think?) over hand applied?

tough coats alot easier to spray, you gotta get it sprayed quick only spray for a hour then wash out quick, if you get probs rinse mortar hoses out first, it does hang around for a while then sets very quick so be on top of it. its a b@stard to rub up tho, and use 16mm nozle it doesnt bounce as much

we spend the whole day spraying hardwall and go back the next day and skim, it goes really nice like that believe it or not.

Goody, Preventions better than cure so what we do at least is paint bondit over the concrete and if sometime even mesh over them . its up to you but when they are holding a bunch of money and you have cracks on the lintels then you will wish you did all you could to prevent it.

thanks simps i will indeed give the lintels a brush of glue and splat them first and bed some mesh in on startup to be safe. Do you perfect a wall at a time as in filling out etc before moving onto the next? have you got enough time to crack on or will it pull in too fast and were devil floating as we go almost? Oh and do you need to wet regular blockwork first when machine applying?

ian any tips mate....been a long time since we did it and remember it being quite stressful getting it to a good enough quality quickly?? ta maan

simplybesty said:
Goody, Preventions better than cure so what we do at least is paint bondit over the concrete and if sometime even mesh over them . its up to you but when they are holding a bunch of money and you have cracks on the lintels then you will wish you did all you could to prevent it.
can only agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.