Hard water

G Spot

hi new to the forum.

Has anyone noticed a difference with their set/finish/drying time depending the water you have used to knock up. I’m in an are with really hard water and can’t work out whether it’s the water or dodgey bags making it go weird.

Thanks

The g spot makes me always hard and doing weird things I usually won’t...... according to the mrs

hi new to the forum.

Has anyone noticed a difference with their set/finish/drying time depending the water you have used to knock up. I’m in an are with really hard water and can’t work out whether it’s the water or dodgey bags making it go weird.

Thanks

Welcome along... great username :D

it is the impurity in the water that causes the chemical reaction that set plaster.
don't use water that has been through a water softener.

Before Christmas I was using fresh rain water straight out a water butt

Wicked user name by the way

I lived in Scotland a while ago........my water came directly off of “ the hill”.....free.
Beautiful, soft and cold.........after it rained heavily it took on the colour of weak tea! I didn’t mind, it was free.
None of that chalky shite.....

I have heard through the grapevine from people that should know that water hardness can effect finish..... i was wrong :)

I have heard through the grapevine from people that should know that water hardness can effect finish..... i was wrong :)

onsite theres water from kitchens when pipe is fitted ....and water from butts...from differnt mains... (full of worms and bacteria)
i dont think it matters to be honest.
i know from skimming daily mats have differnt setting times.
not from the weather....from how its stored too how its made ive no idea.. im never there.

but i know for a fact that skim has differnt setting times purely from nearly 25 years experience.

onsite theres water from kitchens when pipe is fitted ....and water from butts...from differnt mains... (full of worms and bacteria)
i dont think it matters to be honest.
i know from skimming daily mats have differnt setting times.
not from the weather....from how its stored too how its made ive no idea.. im never there.

but i know for a fact that skim has differnt setting times purely from nearly 25 years experience.

but ive also heard limescale is harder in some areas than others (y)

When we were working in Northwich at the Victoria club the builders labourer kept washing his dirty mitts in my clean buckets time again, I don't often lose my temper. What properly f**k*d me off was he didn't take me seriously telling him replace all the water until the builder told him

When we were working in Northwich at the Victoria club the builders labourer kept washing his dirty mitts in my clean buckets time again, I don't often lose my temper. What properly f**k*d me off was he didn't take me seriously telling him replace all the water until the builder told him
Talk about bloody mardy!

its when you have awater but on site and idiots wash their tools and empty shitty buckets in it

hi new to the forum.

Thanks
what a tosser lol