Hard wall on therms

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinz

Evening guys gotta a community stair way to do and it's half concrete block and half thermalite will the thermalite suck to much or can I go straight on it and it all dry together?

using The Plasterers Forum app

I would coat the lot with a bonding agent then float @8-11mm then skim. Maybe mesh where the two different blocks meet.

Plasterboard,it's up a week help please,helpful tits,oh,blue grit it,thistle bond it 8 times over a week,then stabiliser,mesh,oh definitely stress mesh it.

Plasterboard,it's up a week help please,helpful tits,oh,blue grit it,thistle bond it 8 times over a week,then stabiliser,mesh,oh definitely stress mesh it.

Just scud it ffs!...sorted:RpS_thumbup:.....then get the skimmers in:RpS_laugh:

Dampen it down or If you really wanted you could give it a real weak pva or even gyprime it.

Gyprime the lightweight blocks to equalise the suction, the difference in drying rate will be night and day otherwise. A splash of water won't make much odds, the amount of water you would need to soak the blocks with would be silly on an internal job.

I imagine in a few years time some of these guys will be bringing scientists and analysis to sites to effect a policy re equalising suction prior to application of said plaster,
a block wall is designed for plaster application, hardwall is perfect for thermalites ,there is no need for primer,or bond it, blue shiit,red shiit ,yellow shiit,or a fireman with a fn hose,god help us,a lot of these posters would be run off site,

The idiots are still at it,
Excuse me John how do I hold my trowel /float thing and the square thing with the handle?? Then how do I clean a bucket? And how do I put my tools away? And finally how do I do a "reverse cowgirl" on my blue gritted missus?? :RpS_mellow:

I imagine in a few years time some of these guys will be bringing scientists and analysis to sites to effect a policy re equalising suction prior to application of said plaster,
a block wall is designed for plaster application, hardwall is perfect for thermalites ,there is no need for primer,or bond it, blue shiit,red shiit ,yellow shiit,or a fireman with a fn hose,god help us,a lot of these posters would be run off site,
Rich coming from you, are you still scudding absolutly every substrate before you scratch coat when rendering?

Im well aware that you can hardwall right onto a thermalite block, and have on thousands thanks. The wall in question is a mix of high and low suction blocks, it's just good practice to even it out. Gypprime was designed for this reason.

If you don't agree, fine, no skin off my nose thats just how I would do it. I didn't have you down as condescending.

Rich coming from you, are you still scudding absolutly every substrate before you scratch coat when rendering?

Im well aware that you can hardwall right onto a thermalite block, and have on thousands thanks. The wall in question is a mix of high and low suction blocks, it's just good practice to even it out. Gypprime was designed for this reason.

If you don't agree, fine, no skin off my nose thats just how I would do it. I didn't have you down as condescending.
Old school fool I be,
i am partially baiting to get direct opinions wezly,rather than the tipping around versions .its how I get a proper feel for people's views,it's more honest and I like people getting annoyed and saying shut up fool you're wrong and this is what you should do..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.