Hard wall and skim or any other suggestions

Members online

Jerseyboy

Hello
Been aske to price a large house internal only
Normally I would go for hardwall and skim but just wondering if any of you use different backing coats
It going onto 7n blocks. Am thinking of buying a pump if I get the job.
Thanks

Hardwall or toughcoat both great for floating .not so sure if they still do toughcoat though?

Hello
Been aske to price a large house internal only
Normally I would go for hardwall and skim but just wondering if any of you use different backing coats
It going onto 7n blocks. Am thinking of buying a pump if I get the job.
Thanks
f**k hardwall use 6 and 1 sand cement

Floating hardwall walls today mate of mine absolutely hates it , tbf on blocks I enjoy using it only problem is if it’s not skimmed same day , suction if it’s dried out is a bit of a down side to skimming it then

Tbh I’d recommend gyprime after hosing the wall then and smaller manageable hits

Floating hardwall walls today mate of mine absolutely hates it , tbf on blocks I enjoy using it only problem is if it’s not skimmed same day , suction if it’s dried out is a bit of a down side to skimming it then

Tbh I’d recommend gyprime after hosing the wall then and smaller manageable hits

Phhhhh even product placement now BG snake!

30764EFB-C014-45F2-A546-0AB9D8EEE6BA.jpeg
1C5BB5D8-6698-43A2-A100-4039012412CC.jpeg

Bloody love working on suction.
Put on neat, lay in neat, two passes with the trowel, finished and on to the next wall.

Yeah I’ve used sand and cement for years but need more Labour and I wanted to use a pump as I think it would be quicker
I've floated out stacks of houses with S&C on my own, no labourer. If you do buy a pump you'd want at least two people to be productive IMHO, possibly three.
You also need to be more productive to cover the cost of the machine and rotor/stators you'll be burning through.

Was reading about new gyproc onecoat last week not used or seen it myself but maybe that may be an option too
It would be nice to use a material that could br pumped on so I could do 3-4 rooms then drop back Skimming a few days later as I would be able to keep the pump going

I've floated out stacks of houses with S&C on my own, no labourer. If you do buy a pump you'd want at least two people to be productive IMHO, possibly three.
You also need to be more productive to cover the cost of the machine and rotor/stators you'll be burning through.
I’ve always done with just one labourer but this house is huge and am sure the pump would be paid for in no time and would make life easier

I’ve always done with just one labourer but this house is huge and am sure the pump would be paid for in no time and would make life easier
I've done a few good sized properties (300+SQM of screed) but a machine would not have even quarter paid for itself on any of them.
Personally I think that machines are great for external work or the likes of MP75 but not so much two coat internal work.
Just MHO.

It would be nice to use a material that could br pumped on so I could do 3-4 rooms then drop back Skimming a few days later as I would be able to keep the pump going
Something like OCR, maybe Euromix CPI? I'm sure I remember Steve saying that was more cost effective. Straight forward S&C is so cheap to supply though.

I've done a few good sized properties (300+SQM of screed) but a machine would not have even quarter paid for itself on any of them.
Personally I think that machines are great for external work or the likes of MP75 but not so much two coat internal work.
Just MHO.
I know what ur saying bout a pump not paying but this house is huge and I would apply say the CPI like Andy said with the pump nd skim by hand also this property is 33’000 square feet so there will be plenty of work for the pump to do