Hard/soft water

G Spot

hi new to the forum.

Has anyone noticed a difference with their set/finish/drying time depending the water you have used to knock up. I’m in an are with really hard water and can’t work out whether it’s the water or dodgey bags making it goweird.

Thanks

I better hope it’s s**t bags then otherwise I’m going to need to find a new profession then. Lost my mojo in the Christmas period.

How do you tell if waters hard . If rooms to hot it can set funny . Mediflex seem to come in handy to finish if gears bit shite imo

How do you tell if waters hard . If rooms to hot it can set funny . Mediflex seem to come in handy to finish if gears bit shite imo

I did a bedroom last year and it was soooooo hot that the top 2 ft of the walls would not set, it went gloopy and chewing gum like... I saved 2 walls but one was toast... reglued and skimmed it that afternoon and it did it again.... ffs... then it clicked... I cracked a window open and boom it troweled up perfect... never plastered where it has been too hot :D

I did a bedroom last year and it was soooooo hot that the top 2 ft of the walls would not set, it went gloopy and chewing gum like... I saved 2 walls but one was toast... reglued and skimmed it that afternoon and it did it again.... ffs... then it clicked... I cracked a window open and boom it troweled up perfect... never plastered where it has been too hot :D
We did a job where rain had got in cause roof wasn’t on (don’t ask) we were skimming loft and it was playing up big time . Went down stairs and they had bout 3 big gas heaters blasting away. On other end of scale had it freeze A few years ago when we had that cold spell with all that snow. Every time I put trowel down it got a layer of ice on it

We did a job where rain had got in cause roof wasn’t on (don’t ask) we were skimming loft and it was playing up big time . Went down stairs and they had bout 3 big gas heaters blasting away. On other end of scale had it freeze A few years ago when we had that cold spell with all that snow. Every time I put trowel down it got a layer of ice on it

I did a loft conversion and pulled an all nighter... soon realized that was stupid because it got that cold the gear was freezing on the boards.. ffs

I learnt that nothing is worth working all night for

I did a loft conversion and pulled an all nighter... soon realized that was stupid because it got that cold the gear was freezing on the boards.. ffs

I learnt that nothing is worth working all night for
Used to do stupid hours when I first started out . Regret it now but had to build y clientele up . Bro in law doing it now . Oooohhh I made 2000 in 4 days . Yeah but you worked 6 while ten like a dog. Try to tell him to take a joey on to do all ripping out(bathroomfitter/ tiler) but he won't. Don' think he got patience . Though i had a few doughnuts. Kid I got now came straight out college . Came top of class will a tryzak trowel as reward .(we left it on a job some where) I just let him get straight on trowel and fine tuned him. Good thing about it he knows .like now he not working as i only have enough to pay my wage .