HandyHawkBoards.

Stevieo

Royal Spin Doctor
I've always used a Marshaltown handyhawkboard.

It cost me £40 and I was very happy with it.

I'vve noticed that most people use one, so clearly, they are very happy with them too.

But because I'm tight and needed a handyhawkboard in a hurry, I bought a polyurothane one.

It cost me £20 and I like it just as much as my marshaltown.

Anyone got any idea why we should spend more on the aluminium board?

The only thing I can think of is that it might wear out too quick?

A decent alloy one will last your life time. They get to a point where they’re a funny shape from where clean trowel other than that bulletproof

Plastic one u just gonna look a t**t. Probably really slippy. Will snap easy etc

A decent alloy one will last your life time. They get to a point where they’re a funny shape from where clean trowel other than that bulletproof

Plastic one u just gonna look a t**t. Probably really slippy. Will snap easy etc

Actually no...it's light and strong and easy to clean and very pleasant to use.

I mostly just wondered if it's going to turn into a maltese cross in two weeks with the trowel shaving the edges that's all.

I bought plastic hawk not while ago. One day found it broken on site. Then bought cheap one ......... almost a year later my 3 aluminium hawks haven’t seen day light. It’s not the money, I just f**k**g hate the fact they actually slowly are ruining the trowels.And tbh I don’t see my self going back to aluminium

I had a polyurethane one once and I really liked it! Comfortable, light etc. Then I hit it with a hammer.

I’d have another one though, think I actually preferred it on reflection

I got this plastic one
Brilliant bit of kit
273B278F-DBE0-4D32-BF0D-AA327E21B0C7.png

@lurpak this is a good try, is it not?

I admire your daring Jess. And I am curiously entertained by the idea of your dead man's hand jobs.

I'd like to buy you a whisky some time.
Lurpak is still in the mess hall and will know what I’m referring to :popcorn:

You can easily replicate the hand job, try it at home yourself! Simply take a kitchen knife and butcher your hand down to size and then fold some sandpaper into your palm and hey presto!

Whiskey gives me heartburn and makes me nasty

Lurpak is still in the mess hall and will know what I’m referring to :popcorn:

You can easily replicate the hand job, try it at home yourself! Simply take a kitchen knife and butcher your hand down to size and then fold some sandpaper into your palm and hey presto!

Whiskey gives me heartburn and makes me nasty

I've fallen for that before....I was once told when I was a handsome young soldier, that barrier cream and a rubber glove was pretty f**k**g fabulous.

We were painting the trucks up from UN to Nato in Bosnia in I think, '95...it was a 24 hr a day job and there was a bit of sloping off could be done.

Of course, everyone who fell for it told everyone else it was great.

Who knows, some people might've liked it but me, I just massaged a load of barrier cream into my dick and walked around with it soggy for a week so if it's all the same to you, I won't be giving sandpaper a whirl.

#menyou'reallmad

Surely @Danny will forgive me eventually?

I've been good for days. How long can The Man's memory be?

Well I suppose you haven't been on here long enough to know, but there's a get out of jail free card where @Danny 's concerned.

Cold, hard, cash. If you'd paid the fine then you wouldn't have been booted. You've only got to look at the random bollox he allows to advertise on the forum to see money talks. :LOL:

Well I suppose you haven't been on here long enough to know, but there's a get out of jail free card where @Danny 's concerned.

Cold, hard, cash. If you'd paid the fine then you wouldn't have been booted. You've only got to look at the random bollox he allows to advertise on the forum to see money talks. :LOL:

I've been playing the memory card (so far unsuccessfully) Surely The Man will forget eventually?

You banished me from the sergeant's mess.

Or at least, I had an argument with GPS and the very next day, I found that my key to the mess no longer worked.

I'd only had it a day, for f**k's sake.

Cruel and unusual punishment if you ask me. Could you not reconsider? @JessThePlasterer says you should.
I do indeed think you should be allowed back in. Unfortunately my opinion doesn’t have that much standing since @Danny refused to make me Queen! :cry:

£20 they had your pants down!! Think I paid £12 for the one I've got.
iwas in aldi afew years back saw ally one marked down to£4.99 said to boy u any more of these he went in back came out with 4 more I said same price he marked them down too went to till the boy on there said u a plasterer iwas going to say no a handboard collector but just paid and got out quick got 1 still in rapper

iwas in aldi afew years back saw ally one marked down to£4.99 said to boy u any more of these he went in back came out with 4 more I said same price he marked them down too went to till the boy on there said u a plasterer iwas going to say no a handboard collector but just paid and got out quick got 1 still in rapper

Very nice....pretending to be a handboard collector in Lidl.

Did you go to the trouble of getting a disguise?

81Sxhv0HDxL._UY550_.jpg

If you use a plaza trowel for twisty turn bits like winders say then a poly handboard is the mutts cos you can take gear off the trowel without damaging the edge.