Handle question

Status
Not open for further replies.

4x4

I'm toying with getting a Nela s*p*r*lex but I don't like the cork handles. Can they be swapped for a durasoft handle?
I want to take it off a knackered trowel, it's well worn in and fits my hand nice.

Someone said on here they put a cork on an mt so it may work the othe way round,may i ask why you dont like the cork as i love them for the grip when wet.

they do an ergonomic handle aswell, you've just got to specify when ordering it's more like a MT handle than the cork

i put the cork handle off my nela s*p*r*lex on one of my refina s*p*r*lex. it seemd to fit but then started to slip and loosen the nut so it didnt really fit. i now quite like the cork handle and prefer it over durasoft but not over wood. hope this helps :RpS_unsure: why not just wrap electrical or gaffer tape around the cork handle or put a durex on it ?

i put the cork handle off my nela s*p*r*lex on one of my refina s*p*r*lex. it seemd to fit but then started to slip and loosen the nut so it didnt really fit. i now quite like the cork handle and prefer it over durasoft but not over wood. hope this helps :RpS_unsure: why not just wrap electrical or gaffer tape around the cork handle or put a durex on it ?
and call it a cock handle

I'm toying with getting a Nela s*p*r*lex but I don't like the cork handles. Can they be swapped for a durasoft handle?
I want to take it off a knackered trowel, it's well worn in and fits my hand nice.

The m/t durasoft handle wont fit the s*p*r*lex (different profile).
I did get the m/t basswood handle to fit a s*p*r*lex after paring the inside out with a small chisel and sticking a washer on before putting the nut back on.

It does to some.But then I suppose some use it more then others.

I meant if your a real plasterer it doesnt make that much difference mate.. it may do if your a site basher.. I actually prefer the rubber handles, but its not the end of the world... im trying to get up to your speed, but am way behind you, only managing 200 bags a day ...

I meant if your a real plasterer it doesnt make that much difference mate.. it may do if your a site basher.. I actually prefer the rubber handles, but its not the end of the world... im trying to get up to your speed, but am way behind you, only managing 200 bags a day ...

Behind me is a place you'll never be.
Proper plasterer hahahahahhahahahaha fcuking big pair of clowns shoes gumtree special if your website gallery is anything to go by

Behind me is a place you'll never be.
Proper plasterer hahahahahhahahahaha fcuking big pair of clowns shoes gumtree special if your website gallery is anything to go by
Thanks for checking my website, thing is , you should try getting some qualifications mate, then you would be able to take jobs on like the one Im doing at the mo... scaffold front and back of house, mono front and back, let roofer use scaffold and charge him, float and skim lounge, fit cornice.. screed floor ready for amtico... theres a lot of skills in plastering mate ( amtico is seperate ) its not all about being a skimmer..... work smarter not harder... bye now,,, i know loads of plasterers with no qualifications and their very good, but you seem to have a bitterness pal... no skin off my nose, but grow the fuk up hey.. you sound like a 12 year old... lmfao.. by the way, I dont put too much stock into my website, dont really need to...

Thanks for checking my website, thing is , you should try getting some qualifications mate, then you would be able to take jobs on like the one Im doing at the mo... scaffold front and back of house, mono front and back, let roofer use scaffold and charge him, float and skim lounge, fit cornice.. screed floor ready for amtico... theres a lot of skills in plastering mate ( amtico is seperate ) its not all about being a skimmer..... work smarter not harder... bye now,,, i know loads of plasterers with no qualifications and their very good, but you seem to have a bitterness pal... no skin off my nose, but grow the fuk up hey.. you sound like a 12 year old... lmfao.. by the way, I dont put too much stock into my website, dont really need to...

Hahhahahahahahahaha
Oh by the way I went to college and I do have qualifications I just don't feel the need to have to tell everyone in every single one of my posts.
Now if you'll excuse me Im busy I have a gobshite northern pr! Ck to be putting on the ignore list. X

ok mate, course you have... keyboard warrior hey .. your a ****. bye.. got to go to work, bye skimboy...

Haha, cheers folks.
I've tried Tyzak and Ragni and don't like them, actually slung the Ragni, been using M/town for about 24 years now so think I'm just set in my ways more than anything.
I used to work with lads who had trowel handles covered in plaster, dried and wet..I used to cringe. Haha, I think I'm a bit ocd

I prefer the rubber handles myself over the cork, I use the cork if needed tho, nela do the rubber handle and I prefer it over the cork, as someone stated they have one for you, if your closer to me ( sheffield ) i can send you one... free obviously... its a very good handle.. similar to the MT.. let me know pal..

Haha, cheers folks.
I've tried Tyzak and Ragni and don't like them, actually slung the Ragni, been using M/town for about 24 years now so think I'm just set in my ways more than anything.
I used to work with lads who had trowel handles covered in plaster, dried and wet..I used to cringe. Haha, I think I'm a bit ocd

I cant hav any plaster on me handle, dry or wet, annoys the fook out of me! I like the cork one but a handles a handle!!

Thanks for the offers. I'm still not 100 percent getting one, if I do (99 percent) I'll definitely give you a shout.
Very kind of you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.