Hand care

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinz

Hi guys
So am I being a girl here?
Hands are starting to hurt (going dry)
Is there anything that is recommended for this?

using The Plasterers Forum app

@Nisus I been waiting for someone to say it lmao

using The Plasterers Forum app

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to concur with Daniel Son on the body shops Hemp. It canny gear, if a little on the pricey side

You know what they say "look after ya hands and ya hands will........erm..........look after something else :-/

Wear gloves, watch out as some are more sensitive to plaster,lime etc than others and can lead to real problems that may last a lifetime,

When our first daughter was born ,i looked at my hands thinking i will have to sort these out ,before touching something so beautiful , now back to the same old hands :RpS_blushing:

If you cup another man's chicken skin handbag he will tell you if ya hands are soft enough @keithuk ............:RpS_wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
Chicken skin handbag! Hahahaha pissed myself reading this thread! My hands are bad and have tried different creams and what not but just gave up and have accepted my hands are like sandpaper.

Sliced my thumb Saturday while cleaning my trowels, ouch! Getting the plasters to stay on is the tip IDE like to hear please. :)

I've looked at this thread twice now and both times have found myself thinking I wonder if me fatha ever sat in the club and asked his mates what cream would be best to sort out the callouses on his hands :rolleyes)

I've looked at this thread twice now and both times have found myself thinking I wonder if me fatha ever sat in the club and asked his mates what cream would be best to sort out the callouses on his hands :rolleyes)

apparently it was a hot topic in the pit showers.......................:RpS_thumbup:

theres nothing pansy about wearing gloves, a life of dermatitis in your 50's 60'e etc is the gain.
o'keeffes working hands in little green tubs is the best bet for sore hands, makes you hands feel great,

ive recently started wearing gloves as much as I can. Thick enough not too rip like vinyl or latex but thin enough to use a trowel comfortably. Spanky recommended them.

My hands dry up something rotten to the point my knuckcles start cracking which aint funny. Found Vaseline intensive care hand and nail the best. Keep a bottle in the motor. Used it for years.

For before/during a quality barrier cream that protects and moisturises is 'Bee protx'.
When mine are bad especially in winter I jump to 'lotil' and old bricky put me onto it for when they're proper chapped!!
Hope this helps.

o'keeffes working hands

F%#ing buckled reading this thread :RpS_lol:
O 'keeffes working hands cream mate, got some from my local merchants it's the dogs danglies!

Not sure wats the worst, complaing about sore hands, or all the Jessies who know wat lotion to apply, its becoming a Fairies Forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.