Hammer fixings

Status
Not open for further replies.

beddy

I have a workshop to dab using 40mm insulated boards and want to use secondary Fixings as its over existing render. Can I just use ewi fixings? All I can find specifically for plasterboard are twistfix galvanised fixings and I don't Particular like the look of Them.

If they are knauf boards they don't spec.them. Person at knauf I spoke to didn't really have a clue tbh

We use them hammer ins Steve but they are shite realy as you say the heads aren't big enough but there is nothing else as far as I know.

It's just as quick to fix a roofing battern at top and bottom of wall and then fix board screws once the gear is off and some of the board manufactures it's a spec'd fixing method

I have a workshop to dab using 40mm insulated boards and want to use secondary Fixings as its over existing render. Can I just use ewi fixings? All I can find specifically for plasterboard are twistfix galvanised fixings and I don't Particular like the look of Them.

Steve the galvanised twistfix are fine mate, ive used them on internal insulation before and had no come backs at all.

It's just as quick to fix a roofing battern at top and bottom of wall and then fix board screws once the gear is off and some of the board manufactures it's a spec'd fixing method

Its tight for space as he has loads of machinery ready to fit so were fixing
The boards as tight as possible.

How do you actually fix it as its a smooth indented head isnt it?

Sorry bud got me head down as wasn't good as you know.

The twistfix that I had came with the insulation and also with a little gizzmo that fits in your SDS, you just drill a pilot hole slightly smaller than the twistfix diameter, then used the gizmo in your SDS and it hammers them into the wall, they twist as they go in. The heads were about 20mm dia and slightly counter sunk, they just pull into the the plaster board paper like a screw would. I then just scrimmed over the heads as a precaution but never had a drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.