Halloween

paulf

Tiny Tim: “oh mother, shan’t we have a pumpkin to carve?”

“No Tiny Tim! Carve your turnip and be thankful it’s not a tomato like last year!”
Tiny Tim aka @essexandy
20201017_202304.png

Brimstone

Yeah, it stunk, even with a nightlight. no little electric lights then, and not even electricity during the 3-day week!
Don't think I saw a real pumpkin until years and year later. I've bought a pumkin this year 'cos its cheap food, little buggers can go elsewhere for their treats. I fancy some roast pumkin and garlic & pumpkin soup.

Casper

Private Member
We just turn all the lights out so the kids don’t know we are home. Saves on the leccy and giving them anything.

hector

bunch of juvenile delinquents taking there first steps on the rocky path downwards to crime, and then there there is the 7 year olds and upwards , knocking on your door, the future toerags and electricians,
all wearing tracksuit bottoms no doubt, smack em in the mouth, hosepipe them down,

Brimstone

I remember when it started to be a thing in London, teen toe rags came knocking with a baseball bat, let your tyres down if they didn't get cash....scum mothers with kiddies encouraged them to throw flour paste with dried peas on my door - I wasn't even in!