Hall & stairs

Members online

Time he learnt to plaster himself or make it out of something self finished.
He can do a bit so he did the boarding but it would be unfair to send him up the 'chimney' and leave a poor finish. He's a plumber with his own firm, too busy making money to pay for the building works!!

I love em . Specially ones in terrace houses where you can reach ceiling of stairs . Good money as customers think it's a big job when really theres f**k all wall to do

Hall .stairs . Landing. Job I've just finished ,there was a loby, area about 7ft, by 3ft, it had 4 door frames with architraves, and 1with beads. and old folks in and out of kitchen.

You grafting today peasant?
Nope been priced a few jobs. Then doing garden .few leaves to burn. Sea side tomorrow
1596883781347207903300341917740.jpg

They are a pain in the arse from start to finish we try and price ourselves out of them last one I done was £1400. Was gutted when he said when can you start!

Domestic , I build a platform from wood , fits perfect for 20 mins work
Was on a site Friday , it took 2 incompetent blokes twice that with Ally tower only for me to come back and ask how I was supposed to reach through the bars lol

down 2 steps and top section removed

sorted

Just have to squeeze a full bucket of mix through the tower doorway now and hope it doesn't split , wtf would a big boned spread do
good job it's day rate

I finished one for my son recently. He built a light shaft to the roof 700mm square so effectively you were working in a tube. The scaffolding consisted of caber flooring screwed to CLS timbers sitting on the landing rails and a ladder the other end. On top of that was a telescopic ladder taking me skywards. Once you were in the 'capsule', there was no room to swing a trowel and roasting hot. Shitting myself and sweating buckets in equal measures. Unpaid of course, the things we do for family. All at nearly sixty.
Lol, I done one of them, it was like climbing skywards in a tunnel, when plaster was on, and board wet, the ladder went through the board, and i literally s**t myself..ha ha

If you do a HSL and use dust sheets instead of carpet protector. You're a special type of c**t. Price in a roll or 2 and allow an hour to put it down. f**k dust sheets up and down everyday or customer tripping down the stairs.

If you do a HSL and use dust sheets instead of carpet protector. You're a special type of c**t. Price in a roll or 2 and allow an hour to put it down. f**k dust sheets up and down everyday or customer tripping down the stairs.

I use the canvas staircase dust sheet from Screwfix. Nothing goes through it and it fits perfectly. Check it out.

Until mrs Jones trips on it and her face goes through it
Mrs jones or any other person should not be in area you are working in.its deemed a building site,they go to bathroom or any other room its their risk,i know it happens all the time but i tell them unadvisable, most dont care and trip.i say you better off going out come back later,,,most just give you a look.lol

Sorry to be a pest but can I get to the toilet?
of course dear ,no problem at all, all you have to do is ask, as you take apart part of the scaffold so they can get by, then you say mind you dont bump your head which they usually do, then you have to wait untill they come out the toilet ,all the time your handboard of skim which you were just about to put on is going off, then they come out and usually bang there head again, oh dear are you okay you ask try to show some concern at this point, sorry to bother you again they say no probs, then she says little johnny wants to go now just as you have put the scaffold back up and you are up there,...but no probs because little johnny can squeeze under she says, oh goodo but little johnny gets a soaking from you as he comes back down just as you are washing your handboard and trowel,