Hall Stairs and Landing

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

davehugh

Spoke to someone today they had a quote for the hall with 2 doors, a window,a radiator and an artex ceiling, Staircase both sides with small artex ceiling with a bannister in place. A landing with 4 doors in it, a window, a radiator and an artex ceiling. Quoted for a complete reskim £200 all in says it will be done in the day. Bearing in mind all skirting and architrave are in place as well as window reveals need doing and carpets down seems alot of work for nothing to me. What do you think?

I know what do you think about doing it in the day it would take me half a day to prepare it all sheeting up, beads, pva and what not. He's even taking out the rads and dropping lights and switches.

Alarm bells would ring with that quote, theres cheap and theres bullshit cheap!! he would make nowt on the job.... Cant be for real that!!

200quid, lol f**k me!

I quoted £1150 the other day for a hall stairs and landing, walls only, and toe reboard 2.5mx2.5m bedroom ceiling, skim and skim all walls! and that wasnt expensive by down my ways standards!

If he gets it done and its any good, tell him i want his number, i will sub out everything i get and not move from my house :D :D :D

a hall stairs and landing with artex cielings fully skimmed sheeting up scaping back the artex miss coating the artex letting it pull in a bit then sskimming iit again then hitting the walls ALL IN 200 ££££££ 1 DAYS WORK MUST B THREE POLISH WORKING FOR 50 EACH AND 50 POUND MATERIALS thats just the reason y im sitting at home with no work :'(
steve_cov_spread said:
it won't be so cheap once he has to buy new doors, rads, carpet, switches, bannister...
steve_cov_spread said:
it won't be so cheap once he has to buy new doors, rads, carpet, switches, bannister...
steve_cov_spread said:

the reason your sat at home is cus your over charging, how dare you want £210 for a couple of days work +mats!!!!! ;D ;D

Not porkies mate I know him well he booked him for 26th Jan I think he said. Counting down the days to go round and have a look ;D

HSL are the worst job in plastering, for anyone to do it for £200 quid..................well they deserve it then ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.