Hall, Landing and stairs in Bolton.

Is this your neck of the woods Ben, I was going to tag you in

Not as such about 45 mins away as Greg said but I'm that way next week so providing they are still looking and someone else hasn't popped over I could pop in on the way through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If my memory as poor as it is serves me correct?? Im sure there is a spread on here that lives in Blackrod. He worked or works with a chap called Fairhurst that i used to see kicking about Chorley. Cant comment on their work as not seen any.
I used to work for h n g fair Hurst but I live in Salford.

Not had anyone to look at it yet. TBH until we take off the wallpaper and panelling, no one can see the walls condition and my husband doesn't want to rip it all off until we have a plasterer lined up. Bit chicken and egg. Thanks for the broad quote of around £750. Will get saving pennies and come back when we are ready to buy...Thanks.

Not had anyone to look at it yet. TBH until we take off the wallpaper and panelling, no one can see the walls condition and my husband doesn't want to rip it all off until we have a plasterer lined up. Bit chicken and egg. Thanks for the broad quote of around £750. Will get saving pennies and come back when we are ready to buy...Thanks.

Your gonna start stripping it .....then the plaster will come away with it and so will the brick work along side the laths on ceiling.
Your gonna want to cry just like me yesterday.....
Ive got a big ole hoose to strip fix plaster paint....heres 1st room.
God help me.

Attachments

• 20161228_154908.jpg
    20161228_154908.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 443
Your gonna start stripping it .....then the plaster will come away with it and so will the brick work along side the laths on ceiling.
Your gonna want to cry just like me yesterday.....
Ive got a big ole hoose to strip fix plaster paint....heres 1st room.
God help me.

Will look better tomorrow Algee. You taking it all back to brick?

Will look better tomorrow Algee. You taking it all back to brick?

Took most plaster back after this pic.
Then stripped the 2nd bedroom today.

Back onsite skimming tomorrow.

Gonna wait for spark to rewire the house before i go back into it.
Full house needs new windows patio door aswell ...big wall knocking down to bring kitchen diner into 1 ....etc etc.
Stripped few stud walls (lath walls through house).

Refurb is a bit of a break from new build to honest.
Just finding time to sort this n full time on site is a f**k**g headache.

Took most plaster back after this pic.
Then stripped the 2nd bedroom today.

Back onsite skimming tomorrow.

Gonna wait for spark to rewire the house before i go back into it.
Full house needs new windows patio door aswell ...big wall knocking down to bring kitchen diner into 1 ....etc etc.
Stripped few stud walls (lath walls through house).

Refurb is a bit of a break from new build to honest.
Just finding time to sort this n full time on site is a f**k**g headache.

Can imagine mate...don't kill yourself though! Keep posting the pics :)

@Everywhere if your after a price while the panneling and wallpaper are still in place all a plasterer can do is tap the walls to see if hollow or blown and look for any tell tale clues such as cracks or water marks from water ingress (all potentially of course) and then give you a worse case scenario price which will be ott to cover themselves should plaster start falling off when you strip the walls and panneling ? At the end of the day i wouldnt bother stripping any of it till you get a worse case scenario quote? That said its always much better to get your prep done first then any decent plasterer can give you an accurate quote plus ask them what the quote includes such as materials and masking up materials removal of any waste etc. Ben is a good egg ( @SpankySouthport ) and defo worth getting him round especially if hes in your neck of the woods next week?

Last edited:
everywhere surely you will have to take at least some of the panelling off even just a sample so any plasterer can see the condition of the walls could end up costing you a lot more than just a resKim

Smash it all off, clear the decks and then get a price to put it all back on. Much more accurate for quoting purposes, nothing hidden, no surprises, and every day the plasterer works you are one,day nearer completion.:sisi:

Smash it all off, clear the decks and then get a price to put it all back on. Much more accurate for quoting purposes, nothing hidden, no surprises, and every day the plasterer works you are one,day nearer completion.:sisi:

I starting smashing mines off and the f**k**g bricks came with it !!!

Got carried away this week

Attachments

• 20170104_131026.jpg
    20170104_131026.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 420
  • 20170104_131043.jpg
    20170104_131043.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 351
I be in Bolton for football on the 28th of Jan whoever gets the job can have my help til 1pm as long as I get my hotel paid for the night