Half days

I have done some day work for a "mate". In my opinion there is no such thing as half a day... he seems to think there is...

It would be fine if it works the other way but it never does... I remember now why I don't do day work

I got collered for a 3/4 day before, you did a full day yest and 3/4 day today. What the fucks a 3/4 day I said, I don’t clock in and clock out. I graft first day and leave myself a touch the second with all the cleaning.

I have done some day work for a "mate". In my opinion there is no such thing as half a day... he seems to think there is...

It would be fine if it works the other way but it never does... I remember now why I don't do day work

from what i know "half day" is when your paying a gang and there isnt enough meterage to pay everyone a full day.
so its up to them if they want to work.

Nope no half days .the way I see it if he wants u he pays a day otherwise I go do my own thing .ive never paid a lad a half day I think it's an insult

No such thing as half a day imo. Where can you go and fill your day for another half a day? If it’s half day you have had a touch! Half day = a days dough simple. Bit like when builders say it will only take you a couple of hours, good I say but you will still get billed for a day! :D(y)

I prefer day work . And if i do half day i bill em half day. Though the day is 4/5 bags ish and cash every fri no problems . On price at min and having to go like hell. Money will be better in end but i.m all for easy life

There's a clue in the description of the pay, "day rate" as it's a rate per day. If you only do half a day you only get half a day's pay. Whether you can do anything for the half day remaining is irrelevant.

If you want a price for the job as a whole then you put a price in for that. If you're self employed you set the rate and the terms, if you've fcuked up the rate then that's down to you.

There's a clue in the description of the pay, "day rate" as it's a rate per day. If you only do half a day you only get half a day's pay. Whether you can do anything for the half day remaining is irrelevant.

If you want a price for the job as a whole then you put a price in for that. If you're self employed you set the rate and the terms, if you've fcuked up the rate then that's down to you.

ive had trades working for me on a set price all trades doing different jobs.
if theve finished early i couldnt care its the price weve agreed.
ive had dickheads on day rate taking the piss who ive fuucked off...nothing to do with plastering.
ive had gangs plastering on day rate when theres not enough to cover everyone they get a choice staying at home or half day ..considering there on £200 a day £100 isnt bad for a few hours work.
ive had house builders offering to book me in £20 to dab n skim bits n peices witch ive told them f**k off get someone else or pay me a full day.
ive had house builders paying extra £100 for each day sat and sunday for working.
the list goes on and on.
construction has free for all set of rules.

God didnt make half days