hairline cracks in render

Members online

obj

I have an outside wall which takes a lot of heavy rain.

As you can see in the attached photos the render has cracked - it is letting in water which comes through to the inside walls.

What is the best way to seal this wall? Advice would be much appreciated - owen

Attachments

• IMG_3085.jpg
    IMG_3085.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 499
  • IMG_3087.jpg
    IMG_3087.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 518
yeah you can... on your phone you double tap I think
Yeah but they are either zoomed in or out, there’s no in between and when they are zoomed in it’s too far to make anything out it’s just pixelated

Yeah but they are either zoomed in or out, there’s no in between and when they are zoomed in it’s too far to make anything out it’s just pixelated

hmmmm I will have a look... I never thought is was an issue.... I always set my images to post inline not as ana attachment :D

Hairline crazing. Several reasons what could have caused it.

If it is solid and no hollow sounds then either a silocone finish over it or Weber does a product called Santane. That looks like silicone but stretches to the point it’s almost crack proof. But its not cheap.

Or a flexible paint. Jub revitacolor is a silicone paint but has a lot of flexibility to it.

Ring Jub in Leicester and ask for Craig. That is more reasonable. 60m2 to a 16ltr tub first coat probably 50m2 to a tub second coat.

Hairline crazing. Several reasons what could have caused it.

If it is solid and no hollow sounds then either a silocone finish over it or Weber does a product called Santane. That looks like silicone but stretches to the point it’s almost crack proof. But its not cheap.

Or a flexible paint. Jub revitacolor is a silicone paint but has a lot of flexibility to it.

Ring Jub in Leicester and ask for Craig. That is more reasonable. 60m2 to a 16ltr tub first coat probably 50m2 to a tub second coat.

Stomix did a similar coating to Santane. Think Stomix is still around but North of the border.