Hairline Cracks in Dot and Dab

Members online

Timbermat

Hi Everyone

I was hoping for some advice. I live in a Victorian semi and recently had the hallway replastered.

It was taken back to brick, dot and dabbed then plastered.

The plaster has been left bare as we're waiting on some more work to be carried out before we decorate.

Its about a month since they finished and we now have vertical cracks appearing that look like they marry up with where the plasterboards meet.

Is this to be expected with dot and dab? If so, any recommendations for products to fill the cracks?

Hi Everyone

I was hoping for some advice. I live in a Victorian semi and recently had the hallway replastered.

It was taken back to brick, dot and dabbed then plastered.

The plaster has been left bare as we're waiting on some more work to be carried out before we decorate.

Its about a month since they finished and we now have vertical cracks appearing that look like they marry up with where the plasterboards meet.

Is this to be expected with dot and dab? If so, any recommendations for products to fill the cracks?
Definitely not to be “expected”.

I live in your head..I love it.bet you think of me 1st thing when you open your eyes and last thing when you close them :coffe:
got a fish.gif

Hi

Thanks for the reply. In that case, should I be speaking to the people that carried out the work?
It's not expected but can happen. I find it more common in old houses . I have one In my extension . And a few from where steels gone in . Only hair line . I.m gonna try this
Screenshot_20220330-143022_Amazon Shopping.jpg
but wie it flat with a cloth then go over with a sand able filler as it doesn't sand back well