hair line cracks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wil

hello all i've just been to the house where i did a smooth render job an i noticed some hair line cracks and where the cracks are it sounds hollow so it's safe to say that it hasn't bonned in those areas am wndering why it's happened and the other half of the house which another plasterer did has done the same and he's just had to put it right and i know it's only time till she picks up on mine any ideas why it's happened ??? and should i need to go back to repair it what would be the best way

it could be loads of things mate, you need to roughly go through everything, mix ratios, background, was there any cracks before etc

ye i know what your saying but it's funny how the other plasterers work has done the same and he was on new block work where i had to chop off and re-render over brick, so any repair ideas apart from the obvious

the scratch will be fine so no worrys on scuding as u call it,it's the float thats in 3 points thats hollow

did you float it wettish in those areas? just thinking that too early may have brought all the water to the surface and it just hasnt stuck...

Status
Not open for further replies.