Had enough of domestic work

Members online

Marshy has it sussed.
The builder will always be more and less on time so usually can give a good notice and be no more than a day or two out.
Clients dont understand how trades work so you have to treat them different and explain the process a bit or else youll be skimming the kitchen after its been fitted :)
Anyone phones me and tells me how long my job is going to take want to pay peanuts so unless im quiet im not even going to look.
Another one i got a call about today , supposedly tasty work , all blockwork walls around the grounds of some big house , no height and straight runs , apparently the plasterers who did the house let him down and said they couldnt come back to finish it. b*ll***s , there has been an issue with money or something, im too busy so not even going to look.
You get a radar for the bad ones and just avoid them unless your real quiet or need the money.

I'd have given them a good hiding !!! We walk our dogs early doors as gets too hot for them otherwise
I hate animal cruelty, id have hung around for the owner just so I could take a good swing at them...child an animal cruelty the only things that will move me to violence.

The same bricky who told me how to price up also told me how to run a business. "Turn up when you say you will and tidy up afterwards. The job itself is almost incidental."

The worst domestic job is when you work on your own house, no payment, no coffees or food, no hanky panky in return. Only calls and texts, "are you done yet?" , And she only left the house an hour ago

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I hate anima
The worst domestic job is when you work on your own house, no payment, no coffees or food, no hanky panky in return. Only calls and texts, "are you done yet?" , And she only left the house an hour ago

At least make the mrs put out if your working on your own house....you need to work out the s*x bargain before you start....put it in writing if neccessary and make her sign it

At least make the mrs put out if your working on your own house....you need to work out the s*x bargain before you start....put it in writing if neccessary and make her sign it
I'm lucky enough that she didn't put me out yet lol
I just have to stay quiet and be pretty [emoji12]

I got that last week, booked week off do couple of ceilings + few walls at home, all i got every day was "is that all you've done", sure she thinks you put it on + thats it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought I was in for a treat today, build some stud walls, new boards, haven't plastered onto new boarding since April, but this f**k**g multi had some s**t in it, chucked 2 mixes away the 3rd was a bit better but was still like skimming with ballast in the mix, was an absolute joke, done now sod it

I thought I was in for a treat today, build some stud walls, new boards, haven't plastered onto new boarding since April, but this f**k**g multi had some s**t in it, chucked 2 mixes away the 3rd was a bit better but was still like skimming with ballast in the mix, was an absolute joke, done now sod it

A few bags like that been lurking on me about 2 or 3 mixes a week

A few bags like that been lurking on me about 2 or 3 mixes a week
This was the first time happened to me, was always raising eyebrows when others talk about it cos couldn't believe it

I've got to say I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow had enough of sh/t domestic work being let down by customers and builders saying things are ready and there not, having to juggle work for them just to keep them happy and they don't give a sh/t about messing me around, I do feel like giving site bashing ago no more going out pricing Shiite little patching jobs or trying to compete with cowboy plasterers doing it for half price .

God I'm grumpy tonight
I'd have given them a good hiding !!! We walk our dogs early doors as gets too hot for them otherwise
I don't do much for builders anymore they never want to pay the money and want the earth out of you for a days s**t money . When I price private work now I just hit them high and if they go for it it's a bonus if not then oh well . I won't move work I've booked in now either as I've been stitched up to many times . If they say so and so will do it for this .. My reply is good get them to do it ..

I had a customer last month wanted all her ceilings re-skimming said I could start the following week she said that would be great then went on to tell me that she had booked the carpet fitters in for tomorrow and would it be a problem? I just smiled and said coarse it won't ( as I'm not doing it )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I have hanky panky with the missus she texts to say "are you done yet?!" :(

Before I started plastering I worked in a leisure centre £120 a week .. One day a guy came in and wouldn't give me an entrance receipt we ended up arguing about it and I walked off.
Two months later the guy jumped me from some bushes and tried to stab me at work the last thing he said when police took him away was I was going to get done in ..

When I have s**t on plastering jobs now I always think I couldn't be doing a better job than I do now and am also glad I met the t**t cuz I would probably still be there now.

It's a true story
That's how I got into Plastering.
Weird how things work out.

Before I started plastering I worked in a leisure centre £120 a week .. One day a guy came in and wouldn't give me an entrance receipt we ended up arguing about it and I walked off.
Two months later the guy jumped me from some bushes and tried to stab me at work the last thing he said when police took him away was I was going to get done in ..

When I have s**t on plastering jobs now I always think I couldn't be doing a better job than I do now and am also glad I met the t**t cuz I would probably still be there now.

It's a true story
Frigging entry receipts have caused me no end of bother

It's a true story

That's a good outlook mate, when I get fed up I just think about what I have got, the people I met, the funny stories, different places I been, the painters getting there willys out, the story's from working next to soho and I wouldn't change a thing.

It's a true story
I went for a haircut looking back worst haircut of my life [emoji3]

? Like a bog brush mate [emoji106]

I get ya
C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_images(6).jpg

A bit like Flynnyman

Cmon beddy show urself according to plaster man we all have the hamlet man going on , n I doe mean get ur pekker out