Had enough of domestic work

Members online

thebigfella

I've got to say I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow had enough of sh/t domestic work being let down by customers and builders saying things are ready and there not, having to juggle work for them just to keep them happy and they don't give a sh/t about messing me around, I do feel like giving site bashing ago no more going out pricing Shiite little patching jobs or trying to compete with cowboy plasterers doing it for half price .

God I'm grumpy tonight

I've got to say I'm not looking forward to work tomorrow had enough of sh/t domestic work being let down by customers and builders saying things are ready and there not, having to juggle work for them just to keep them happy and they don't give a sh/t about messing me around, I do feel like giving site bashing ago no more going out pricing Shiite little patching jobs or trying to compete with cowboy plasterers doing it for half price .

God I'm grumpy tonight

sounds like you need a holiday bigfella

I know what you mean that's why I don't book any one in its first come first served and I go on front there.
What you mean you don't book in anyone? You just turn up at a random address and start unloading gear into their hallway whilst convincing them they do have rising damp which needs to be rectified? Lol

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

First come first served :) don't book in a three day job and lose two week job you either have it when I finish this job or not at all :)

God I'm grumpy tonight
Think we all hate it,I be honest I had a few weeks of 1 or 2 day jobs and s**t loads more coming in I pass the work on to my friend if I can't beat to everyone's drum then a few weeks ago did a biggish whole house thinking great I can camp out for a few weeks and crack on with plastering first week was fine then just spiralled downwards one thing after another ..in the end left cleared all jobs that I didn't really want to do ,went away for a week and feel loads better,
I am in similar to Flynnyman view (which I hate to say,lol) I keep people floating with rough dates then sort for definite as the week draws nearer... Find it less stress but all jobs are s**t tbh..
Do understand what you mean about competing with s**t just don't do it,give price gone.

I like the general public mostly?im the general public too.communication is key.:)
Your right I don't think it's the jobs it's just people in general.. If I was to go in a room with say 100 people probably would only find 5 that would think were okay.

You have to adjust to every costomer on every level i seem to find?
I understand that but it's the drama that I get if I can't get when they want me even when they p/so me about with start date

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand that but it's the drama that I get if I can't get when they want me even when they p/so me about with start date

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Its the cowboys you lose jobs out to,,and you know who they are.cheaper,unqualified etc,,,,,it goes on and on.

I'm was supposed to start a job today that's been booked in for 3 weeks only a room tried to contact twice yesterday calls texts etc to let them know my arrival time nothing I've already done work for the bloke and he was chuffed with it , my Mrs is saying just turn up I said f**k that if he cor be arsed to even text me back there's no way I'm sitting in traffic and fetching matts just to get there for them not to answer door jokers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's all sh!t. I had a text over the weekend from a customer, or a clown more like:

Hi. Just to let you know we won't be needing you on Tuesday. We have had someone else in to do the work. Thanks

This was some cretin who called me just over a week ago and wanted a few walls plastering in a kitchen. I agreed to fit it in this week at the earliest. I got a text from them the same night saying that the kitchen fitters couldn't wait and that their daughter was waiting to move in. You would have thought their poor planning was down to me. I told them I couldn't do it any sooner because I really couldn't give a flying fcuk.

I've had a few strange texts over the years. I remember one couple texting me would I knock off twenty five per cent if the husband mixed and labored? I said I would add twenty five per cent and never heard back from them.

I mostly do domestic rarley have problems or issues last few year? I agree with Frank that communication is a must. I have my regular builders i do alot for plus my private/domestic customers also and im fortunate enough if i go to look at ajob and i dont like the customer for whatever reason i dont price it or walk away and explain they need to get somebody else. I had this woman pester me constantly on the phone demanding i go round to do this small job her husband said would take me 5 mins!! I said not interessted and ring somebody else!!

I hate the ones who say will only take you 5 mins!! I just laugh and walk out to my truck and drive off

I've been lucky with my customers over the years. If I go round to price a job and think the customers are going to be a pain in the arse I double my price.

I did have one woman try to Derren Brown me once. She kept saying "my friend says it's a one day job" and tapped my arm each time she said it. I told her I'd read his book too and she should get her mate to do the 2 day job.

I like domestics but its all I ever done.

Had a few crap ones latley but a majority of the time there a breeze.

I always price on what I see though, I could charge the same for a 2m sq patch as I would for a 8msq ceiling depending on the surroundings, sheeting up, prep etc.

Never let them come across like there doing you a favor.

I like domestics but its all I ever done.

Had a few crap ones latley but a majority of the time there a breeze.

I always price on what I see though, I could charge the same for a 2m sq patch as I would for a 8msq ceiling depending on the surroundings, sheeting up, prep etc.

Never let them come across like there doing you a favor.

Sent you a pm mate, can you let me know if your interested plse?

It's a good position to be in being able to pick and choose Greg
I will take a shitting domestics in January/February but for the rest of the year the external work takes over
Dealing with customers that are pushing does my nut in.i just ingore the calls,f**k um!!

I have Thursday, Friday job cancelling for stupid reasons,,,,
It is a pain in the arse at times.

I book everything weeks in advance with specific dates and they're put in writing to each customer. Call them 3 or 4 days before start date to guage how they're going. Works 9 times out of 10. Got a text Saturday night though. Not going to be ready for Monday can you come Tuesday. Plenty of sitework like that too though, walk in to start on a room only to see the spark hacking into the boards, wondering why you're staring at him in disbelief whilst reaching for the tacking hammer.

When I see a mother wearing pyjamas taking her child to school 10 minutes after the bell has gone, wandering in with all the time in the world I weep a little inside. I can't help to be absolutely staggered by many many people's behaviour on a daily basis. Sometimes wonder if we're devolving.

I picked my girl up from school the other day and there was some slags smoking right at the gate? Having a good chin wag and smoke as all the kids had to walk through it.

Reactions: Mag
Or when they're smoking in the car with kids and get them to duck if they see a copper. I saw a kid drop some litter in town, went up to him and said put it in the bin. His mum pipes up saying "they're all f**k**g full"....savages.

They're subhuman scum. Still swimming around in the primordial soup. I was in Homebase yesterday and they had to message on the tannoy that two dogs were locked in a ka outside and had passed out. When I went outside somebody had smashed the drivers window and was trying to revive them with some water. Human stupidity and ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

They're subhuman scum. Still swimming around in the primordial soup. I was in Homebase yesterday and they had to message on the tannoy that two dogs were locked in a ka outside and had passed out. When I went outside somebody had smashed the drivers window and was trying to revive them with some water. Human stupidity and ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

An that person will prob get sued for smashing the Window and the dog owner will walk off Scott free.
That's the world we live in now!

I'd have given them a good hiding !!! We walk our dogs early doors as gets too hot for them otherwise