Had anoher ring around this morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
tex it all said:
hello big mart how long you been going for mate ..not having a pop just intrested

Did the course about 2 years ago. Went out with my mate for a year to get sorted and been on my own for about 9 months now. Things are good at the moment, had a few lean spells but im doing good. As most of my jobs are word of mouth im not doing a bad job. At the end of the day im earning and putting food on the table and thats what its all about. Its not my fault im not im doing well, Ive put the hours and the hard work in. Maybe other people on here should do the same and stop knocking down people who do courses. Work is out there.... Go get it and stop f**k**g moaning if you cant be bothered to do the legwork!!

if your working on your own it would be easy to be busy but if your part of a gang its a real problem at the moment because the works not there in any decent quantity, i think the 4 yr comment was just piss and wind

hey big mart,like you I did a 6 week course 6 yrs ago so i know where your coming from. what i found was that I was so pleased with myself for being able to plaster after quite a short time that i thought i had nothing more to learn..........six years on I can now see that my early work was poor compared to now. it's taken this long to hone my skill and technique and have pinched all sorts of bits and bobs from other spreads that ive come across along the way in order to refine my technique to a level i could only dream of in the early days. Just cast your mind forward 5 years and look back at you now. you're s**t compared to the plasterer you will be in time and it's this disrespect for time that probably gets peoples backs up. Nothing to do with the shorter courses cos they are the only way in for a lot of people now anyway. You might be good now but relatively speaking, if your all that, your rubbish compared to how good you will be in the future. Arrogance is a necessary part of achieving excellence but the future you will kick your ass so your not the best yet. ;)

bloody good post... should be in the newbie section / faq under 'why does everyone hate coursers so much?'

Chris W said:
bloody good post... should be in the newbie section / faq under 'why does everyone hate coursers so much?'

Lifes a bitch... Hate me all you want, im just toooooo damn busy to care :)

Good for you mart,.............In about 4 years you might get to a standard where you are rough :D :D

good looking (french person) get it right will ya ;D and leave big mart alone its not his fault he's a (welsh person) ::)

del said:
Good for you mart,.............In about 4 years you might get to a standard where you are rough :D :D

Cheers Shag! From what ive heared mate, you should know all about being rough so i'll take that as a compliment :) :)

napper83 said:
good looking (french person) get it right will ya ;D and leave big mart alone its not his fault he's a (welsh person) ::)
welsh person ;D ;D.........who edited that one ;D

spunky said:
napper83 said:
welsh person ;D ;D.........who edited that one ;D

LOL Hello Spunky didnt think it would be long before you stuck your oar in :D :D

6 week wonder boy i,ve probebly forgot more about the plastering game than these chancers will ever learn, i,m a clerk of works now and if i see these guys on site i hammer them, 8)

pkillie said:
6 week wonder boy i,ve probebly forgot more about the plastering game than these chancers will ever learn, i,m a clerk of works now and if i see these guys on site i hammer them, 8)

Clerk of the works, youve proberbly forgotten which end of the hammer is the hitting end :D :D

pkillie said:

another failed plasterer....... well done mart if it wasnt for blokes like you we would all be out of a job ;)

At the end of the day everyone is entitled to there opinion and i respect that. The fact is ive got a wife 3 kids and a mortgage to pay. I took a chance when i got made redundant, did the 6 week course, spent the next year with a time served spread and then set up on my own. Im doing alright, the mortgage is getting paid the kids are getting fed and the wife can have a new pair of shoes and a handbag when she wants it. That my friends is all that matters in my life. I have had no complaints, im clean tidy and do a good job and dont take the (french word) with the prices, thats why im booked up till feb and by feb i'll expect to be booked up till april and so on.

My family are all that matters and if i upset a few time served guys by doing what i do, then all they have to do is come and have a word with me in person and i'll gladly stick their time served trowel up their time served ass!

i know a lot of the people who come off courses know jack s**t but like ya man says, aslong as he leaves a good job and keeps his family fed and sheltered. thats all that matters, if someone whos been on a course is better than someone who did an apprenticship then fair play.

Status
Not open for further replies.